Chapter 93: Open Up, World

[Previously]

Tazawa and Hitoshi synchronized their abilities, their hands aglow with a luminous radiance. Their eyes met, exchanging a silent affirmation. Slowly, they brought their hands together, crackling lightning and an oppressive heaviness pervading the atmosphere.

A cerulean gate materialized, gradually expanding until its formation was complete. Hitoshi glanced at Tazawa and Akiba, and the trio embarked on their journey, crossing the threshold.

[Perfect Preparation Arc] Open Up, World

"The nature of God is a circle of which the center is everywhere and the circumference is nowhere."Empedocles

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Verdantis is a vast continent located along the northwestern shore of the Lunar Lagoon Sea. Comprising numerous islands, Verdantis is an expansive territory that offers a wide array of natural wonders and ecosystems. Its geography varies greatly across its expanse, with the northern regions characterized by icy terrain and the southeastern parts adorned with dense jungles.

In the north of Verdantis, a majestic icy landscape stretches as far as the eye can see. Towering snow-capped mountains dominate the horizon, their peaks reaching toward the heavens. Glaciers wind their way through the valleys, their shimmering blue hues contrasting against the stark whiteness of the surrounding snowfields. 

The air is crisp and cold, and the region is often covered in a blanket of snow, creating a serene and ethereal atmosphere. Northern Verdantis is home to a variety of unique wildlife species that have adapted to harsh conditions, such as resilient arctic foxes, elusive snow leopards, and majestic reindeer.

As one travels southeastward, the frozen landscape gradually gives way to a lush and vibrant tropical paradise. The southeastern regions of Verdantis are cloaked in dense jungles, teeming with life and vibrant colors. Towering trees with interwoven canopies form a dense overhead network, casting dappled sunlight on the forest floor below. 

The air is humid and filled with the chorus of exotic bird calls, echoing through the lush foliage. Verdantis' jungles are home to a remarkable diversity of flora and fauna, from towering ancient trees to an array of vibrant flowers, and from playful monkeys swinging through the branches to slithering snakes and elusive big cats prowling the undergrowth.

In the southeastern part of Verdantis, an intense surge of energy crackled through the air. Amidst this charged atmosphere, a magnificent creature appeared—a large rabbit or hare adorned with soft, yellowish fur. Its forehead bore a striking feature—a 1-foot-long, spiraled horn of deep black color. 

As the creature looked up, a shimmering blue portal expanded before its eyes.

Letting out a soft squeak, the creature swiftly hopped away, making its retreat just as the blue portal fully materialized. Stepping out from this mystical gateway were three figures, their gazes filled with curiosity and confusion as they surveyed their unfamiliar surroundings within the forest.

"We should have done our research before venturing here," lamented Hitoshi, speaking too rapidly for any of them to comprehend fully. He expressed concern over the impending war, aware that they had limited time with only two days at their disposal.

"Hey, hey!" Tazawa interjected sharply, delivering a swift smack to the back of Hitoshi's head. "I didn't come all this way for you to tremble in fear over getting lost."

Hitoshi winced and massaged his head, casting an annoyed glance at Tazawa.

Tazawa's grin widened. "We'll find this weapon, bring Kayama down, and then march forward to engage in the war."