Chapter 25: The Feeling of Betrayal

[Previously]

"Kyo-chan?" They both turned towards the voice.

"Shit," they thought in unison.

[Training Camp Arc] The Feeling of Betrayal

"Thank you for the food!" they all exclaimed in unison. Sero and Kirishima eagerly devoured the curry. "I wouldn't normally be this thrilled about restaurant food, but in this situation, it's absolutely fantastic!" the redhead remarked between mouthfuls.

"Hey, don't say that, it's impolite!" Sero reprimanded him. 

Mina playfully teased, "You've got quite the appetite, Yao-momo!"

Hitoshi lightly tapped his girlfriend on the arm. "That's not a polite thing to say..."

Momo waved her hand dismissively. "It's alright. My Quirk uses the fats in my body to produce various things, so the more I eat, the more I can create."

"It's like poop," Sero casually commented as he chewed his food.

The entire table fell silent. Momo abruptly bowed down, burying her face in her arms in humiliation and embarrassment.

"Nice one, Flat Face," Bakugo scoffed, walking away from the table, having lost his appetite.

Jiro punched Sero in the shoulder. "Apologize, you halfwit!"

"AAAH! I'M SORRY!"

"Kota, it's time for dinner!" Mandalay's voice called from the distance.

Izuku's smile brightened. He noticed the hat-wearing boy retreating into the trees, his face shadowed.

Izuku stood up and quickly prepared a fresh plate of curry. Kyo gave him an odd look. "Hey, where are you going?"

"I'm going to take some food to the kid."

"He might punch you in the balls like he did to Kaminari," she warned.

"What a tragedy that would be for you. No worries, I'll be fine. I'll be right back."

Kyo's face flushed slightly as she contemplated the situation. 

"Damn," Itsuka said, her mouth full of food. "He got you good with that one."

-Flashback-

"Kyo-chan?" They both turned towards the voice.

"Shit," they thought in unison.

Their eyes met Ochako Uraraka, and they noticed the confused expression on her face. The sadness that slowly crept onto her features didn't escape Izuku's notice.

"Am I interrupting something?" she asked, causing Kyo and Izuku to exchange glances and reluctantly move away from each other.

"This... this isn't what it seems like, Ochako!" Kyo stammered, her face flushed with embarrassment as she frantically waved her arms.

"Well, it certainly looks that way to me," Ochako replied sadly. "Anyway, dinner will be ready soon. I just came to let you guys know."

Kyo and Izuku shared a melancholic look as Ochako turned around and walked away. "I'll go talk to her," Izuku assured Kyo before quickly jogging to catch up with Uraraka.

"Hey, Ochako! Is everything okay?" he asked, but she kept her head down, and they walked in silence as he patiently waited for her to respond.

"Everything's fine, Kayama," Izuku frowned at the absence of the usual 'kun' in his last name. "It's just... Kyo knew how much I liked you... and for her to do something like that... it really hurts."