Chapter 60: Things Are Starting To Move II

[Previously]

Shota sighed, his hand cupping his mouth. "We're falling into his trap, for this is precisely his intention." The room was engulfed in silence.

Toshinori slammed his fist onto the table. "DAMN IT!"

[Zenin Clan Arc] Things Are Starting To Move II

"Peace comes when you talk to the guy you most hate. And that's where the courage of a leader comes because when you sit down with your enemy, you as a leader must already have very considerable confidence from your own constituency." - Desmond Tutu

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The conversation proceeded, and Todoroki returned briefly to his computer, where the concert was still playing.

He'd apparently left autoplay on, and a new video had appeared that he didn't recognize.

Todoroki cocked his brow. "Huh?" He leaned down, just hearing the first sentence of the video, to click away.

"Good day, viewers! It's me, Gentle-"

...

"-Criminal! We're giving you a sample today! If you will, consider this a teaser! A precursor to the main event, which will take place soon! This is a preliminary task that we must complete before embarking on our most important quest yet! Are you paying attention, dear viewers? Today, Gentle Criminal, I will break into this home security store!"

Gentle swirled, pushing open the door. The cash register was on the left side, and the clerk froze when he saw his clothing. La Brava trailed along, shadowing her taller companion.

The cashier put his hands up in fear.

"Ah, so you understand the game, dear gentleman! There will be no sudden movements, and I will need all the money in that machine of yours!"

"I...I know you! You're the guy from YouTube!"

Gentle laughed. "How satisfying it is to be acknowledged! If you know me, you know complying is in your best interests."

The cashier began to rummage through the desk slowly and shakily. La Brava circled them, keeping the camera on Gentle and looking around the store for what she was seeking... shelf upon shelf upon a shelf... What could it be... Keep an eye on him... 'There you have it!'

From out of frame, she sent Gentle the hand signal. She'd spotted what they'd really come here for. It was time to wrap it up before the heroes arrived.

The man with white hair nodded. "Dear viewers, it will soon be time for us to depart! Some may argue that it is too soon. Yet, as I've frequently said, speed is one of the most important parts of a perfect crime! Yes, there is grace in speed!"

La Brava collected what she needed from the shelf and placed it in her bag, keeping the camera rolling as Gentle took the money from the cashier.

"Now, La Brava, we shall be goin-"

They both turned to look back at the front door and stopped short.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" the hero yelled, his three sidekicks posing behind him.

Gentle's smile took on a sheepish quality. "Oh, dear. Four of them. La Brava...cut the camera."

...

Afterward, the two of them stood on the street, prepared to walk away from the electronics store. The heroes were imprisoned inside, along with the cashier, who had naively attempted to assist.