Chapter 12: Kyo vs. Shoto; Origin

[Previously]

"Tch... I'll do what I want, loser. And when we face off, you're going to lose," Bakugo retorted with his characteristic brashness.

"Heh, we'll see about that. I'm considering having Kargalan deal with you, just as he did in the Calvary Battle," Izuku chuckled, maintaining his composure as he headed towards the infirmary to have his minor injuries checked.

[Sports Festival Arc] Kyo vs. Shoto; Origin

Present Mic enthusiastically introduced Bakugo and Yaoyorozu to the eager audience, marking the start of the sixth match in the finals. 

Bakugo wasted no time and launched a relentless assault, catching Momo off guard and unprepared. Explosions erupted as Bakugo unleashed his fiery attacks, while Momo quickly erected a shield to protect herself. 

Determined to counter, she focused on creating a polearm, but Bakugo swiftly circled back and struck her shield before she could fully utilize her Quirk. With a forceful swing, Bakugo knocked Momo's shield off his arm, leaving her momentarily defenseless.

Undeterred, Momo swiftly constructed another shield, but Bakugo charged forward, slamming into it and forcefully pushing her back. However, Bakugo's onslaught suddenly ceased, leaving Momo perplexed. 

Seizing the opportunity, she conjured a pole on her arm, intending to take the offensive. To her surprise, Midnight revealed that Momo had been knocked out of bounds without her even realizing it. Momo looked down and discovered her foot had slipped beyond the boundary, prompting Midnight to declare Bakugo the victor.

Regret and disappointment washed over Momo's thoughts. "It ended in a mere second, and I didn't even have a chance to make a move," she pondered, consumed by a sense of shame.

The seventh match pitted Sen Kaibara against Kyori Hosaka, and Izuku, having just returned from the infirmary, found himself intrigued by Kyori's powers and eager to see what she could do.

"AND NOW, FOR THE SEVENTH MATCH!" Mic's voice boomed. "LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!"

Kaibara lunged forward, thrusting his hands into drills, attempting to land a hit on Kyori. However, she skillfully evaded most of his attacks, displaying remarkable agility. Izuku couldn't help but notice her flexibility as she effortlessly flipped over Kaibara, narrowly escaping his reach.

Once she had created a safe distance between them, Kaibara charged back into the fray. To Izuku's surprise, Kyori's arm transformed into a small cannon, firing a miniature pellet that struck Kaibara in the eye with precision.

Capitalizing on her advantage, Kyori closed in swiftly, delivering a powerful flying knee to Kaibara's chin. But the assault didn't end there. She followed up with two swift jabs to his face, a forceful strike to his side, and a resounding sidekick to his face.

Impressed by Kyori's skills, Izuku silently admired her. 'I like her,' he thought to himself, captivated by her prowess.

Dazed and bloodied, Kaibara's head spun. "Damn, she's a tough opponent," he conceded inwardly before succumbing to unconsciousness and collapsing.

"Kyori Hosaka wins by knockout," Midnight declared, as Kyori gracefully exited the arena, heading towards the Class 1-B area.

"With only one more match left before the quarter-finals, let's welcome Fumikage Tokoyami and Mina Ashido to the stage!" Present Mic's voice resonated through the stadium, as both Tokoyami and Mina made their way towards the awaiting arena.

The match concluded swiftly, with Tokoyami emerging as the victor. His unwavering bond with Dark Shadow proved too formidable for Mina to overcome.

"The qualifiers have come to an end!" Present Mic's booming voice resonated through the arena. "Which means the quarterfinals are about to commence! In the first match, we have Kyo Hizuru going head-to-head against Shoto Todoroki!"