Chapter 81: The Impulses of Youth IV

[Previously]

Izuku sensed it, a palpable force growing within him, ready to be unleashed.

'...It belongs to me.'

[Nabu Island Arc] The Impulses of Youth IV

"Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up. Only one thing matters, one thing; to be able to dare!"Fyodor Dostoevsky

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The dragon bodies suddenly broke into pieces, releasing whatever they were holding.

"Hm?" Nine uttered in confusion, his eyes widening as he quickly raised his right hand to project a series of layered energy barriers. The barriers materialized just in time, shielding him from the onslaught of falling rocks that collapsed around him, creating clouds of dust. 

Amidst the chaos, one of the remaining dragon-shaped entities let out a deafening roar before shattering into countless pieces, resembling shards of fragile glass.

With a swift motion of his left hand, the villain deftly brushed aside the lingering dust cloud, eager to discern what had transpired. "What...?" he questioned, his voice laced with surprise as his eyes fixed upon the two figures now on the ground ahead of him. 

They were beginning to rise, their determination evident as they freed themselves from the debris that had entrapped them.

"After this..." Izuku started, rising to his feet with deliberate caution. "Will you still possess the ability to wield your power?" he inquired, directing his question toward his teammate. It was imperative for him to ascertain that there remained no possibility for Mirio to regain his quirk, but Izuku had devised measures to address this concern.

"I'm not sure," he responded honestly, rising to his feet. "However," he continued, his voice unwavering, "All Might managed to safeguard us with the remnants of his power..." Memories flooded back, his tone tinged with reverence. "Even after he entrusted me with his Quirk," he reminisced, his gloved right hand clenched into a fist over his heart.

What have you done?!" Nine bellowed with anger, his voice trembling with question, while bolts of lightning crackled between his clenched fists.

"With two... One For All...!" the duo exclaimed in unison, their bodies adorned with glowing crimson lines as sparks of electricity surrounded them, each emanating a distinct hue.

"We will save everyone!" Mirio declared, his eyes brimming with determination. As his irises and pupils distorted, a surge of energy coursed through him. His blond hair, styled in a distinctive cowlick at the top and swept backward in a spiked fashion at the bottom, seemed to amplify his resolve. Vibrant yellow electricity crackled fiercely around him, intensifying the aura of power.

"We will triumph and emerge victorious!" Izuku shouted with fiery eyes, reflecting the captivating radiance of Mirio. With a breathtaking display, his wild emerald kinks spiked upwards as powerful surges of green electricity crackled intensely around him.

Nine gritted his teeth angrily. He had enough oftheir interference.

"Why won't you feeble creatures perish already?!" he bellowed furiously, his voice dripping with contempt. With a small tornado swirling beneath his feet, he ascended into the air, summoning the colossal, fiery vortex once again. 

Lightning crackled and rain poured as the winds roared with immense power, causing the peninsula to shatter. Katsuma and Mahoro stood firm, bracing themselves against the gust's force, clutching onto the unconscious Habuko tightly. Their gaze fixed upon the towering tornado, the very same one that had vanquished them in the past. Nevertheless, they remained resolute.