Chapter 80: The Impulses of Youth III

[Previously]

Mahina and Nejire had already succumbed to their fatigue, their bodies spent after launching their final attacks.

'Did we accomplish what we set out to do?' Mayo wondered, her thoughts drifting inward. "Mirio-senpai... Kayama..." she murmured softly before finally succumbing to unconsciousness.

[Nabu Island Arc] The Impulses of Youth III

"Until an hour before the Devil fell, God thought him beautiful in Heaven." - Arthur Miller

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

One by one, Nine could feel his cells dying instantaneously, a sharp realization of the risks associated with using his own Quirk. However, he hadn't anticipated that those risks would extend to utilizing others' Quirks as well.

In a piercing scream of agony, he unleashed his anguish as purple cracks spread across his face, a visible manifestation of his suffering.

Meanwhile, Mirio and Izuku raced toward him, their determination unwavering. Mirio sprinted forward, while Izuku propelled him with a swift dash.

"Now, Kayama! Let's launch our attacks in waves!" the One for All wielder instructed.

"Don't presume to give me orders!" Izuku shouted in response.

"If only I could acquire the Cell Activation Quirk..." Nine weakly grunted, taking a step back. Suddenly, two black rods burst forth from the back of his blazer, catching everyone's attention. The tubes connected to the rods contained a mysterious purple liquid that began injecting itself into Nine. Roki observed from a distance, their eyes widening in surprise and gasping in awe.

Meanwhile, Katsuma and Mahoro watched from the plateau, their faces adorned with relieved smiles. It seemed that the intense battle was nearing its end.

'I need to land a solid hit!' Mirio thought to himself, hastening his advance. The mask that had covered Nine's face dropped to the ground, revealing his determined expression. 'Then I wouldn't have to hold back!' he exclaimed, his eyes glowing red as the purple cracks on his face visibly receded, albeit slightly.

"Both of you, move!" Roki's voice cried out abruptly, instantly capturing the attention of the two teenage boys.

As they halted in their tracks, an immense wave of neon materialized out of nowhere, charging toward Nine.

Before he could even muster a reaction, Nine found himself consumed by its radiant glow. Eiko, perched atop the high plateau, dropped her scope in astonishment, her eyes widening in disbelief.

The scene left everyone dumbfounded, their mouths agape in utter silence.

"Ah!" Izuku and Mirio gasped in unison. Before them stood an enormous mountain of pink neon, reaching towering heights that seemed to pierce the sky.

"What the fu—?!"

"HABUKO!" Keiko screamed, reprimandingly, swiftly placing her hand over her best friend's mouth before she could finish her exclamation.

Both of them shifted their attention to the two children who still stood there, their eyes filled with awe, gazing at the mesmerizing neon display.

"I'm sorry..." Habuko sheepishly apologized as Keiko removed her hand, her cheeks stinging from the impact of the slap. "Also, ow..." she muttered, rubbing her hurting cheeks.

Meanwhile, Mirio and Izuku observed the spectacle, their expressions filled with astonishment.

"It's similar to the one Todoroki used during the Sports Festival," the former commented, his eyes trembling with excitement.