Chapter 99: Footfall of Destruction

[Previously]

In a sudden rush of panic, a viscous portal materialized beneath Hitoshi.

Hitoshi gasped, his heart racing, but it was too late to phase. He helplessly tumbled into the portal, watching as the laboratory vanished into thin air.

[All for War Arc] Footfall of Destruction

"There are times when fear is good. It must keep its watchful place at the heart's controls." - Aeschylus

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Eraser Head swiftly nullified Hisashi's Quirk, and in a matter of moments, Endeavor lunged at him, forcefully bringing him down to the ground.

With determination, Endeavor raised his hands, conjuring a fiery shield that acted as a barrier to shield the heroic figures. However, luck was not on Garaki's side as he endured the painful assault of innumerable glass shards, causing him to buckle and scream in agony. His voice trembled as he desperately exclaimed, "NO! SHIGARAKI! MY MASTERPI-"

Seizing the opportunity, Eraser Head dashed forward and delivered a powerful punch to Garaki's face, rendering him unconscious.

The lifeless body of Ashoka Shigaraki collapsed onto the floor, coming to rest just a few feet away from Hisashi. The room was now filled with a gruesome mixture of bodily fluids and shards of glass scattered all around.

Endeavor glanced around, surveying the area. "Are we all accounted for? Crust?"

"Got it!" Crust responded, his grip firmly immobilizing the Nomu near the tunnel exit.

Eraser Head hurried over to assist Mirko.

"Where's..." Endeavor paused, perplexed. "Where's Mockingbird?"

"Hehehehehehe..." Hisashi chuckled sinisterly.

Endeavor redirected his gaze back to Hisashi, a mixture of concern and anger etched on his face.

"I've sent the dear boy away, heroes," Hisashi taunted. "I must express my gratitude for creating such a chaotic scenario. Your Hitoshi Aizawa, is so slippery and elusive. But dear Dad and I... we finally have him right where we want him."

"What?!" Endeavor demanded, his voice laced with desperation. "What do you mean?!" He seized Hisashi, gripping him by the shoulders and shaking him vigorously. Hisashi's laughter only grew louder.

"Where's my son?!" Shota yelled, his voice trembling, almost forgetting that he had Mirko cradled in his arms.

...

Hitoshi crashed onto the unforgiving concrete floor, the impact knocking the wind out of him. He struggled to push himself up, his head spinning violently, rendering him unable to take immediate action. His vision threatened to collapse, causing him to sway unsteadily, incapable of finding his footing.

The black portal closed abruptly above his head, sealing his fate wherever he was. And that place turned out to be a cell.

The familiar surroundings immediately caught Hitoshi's attention. The glass wall in front of him, the wall to his right—it was unmistakable. He slowly turned to his left, and his heart skipped a beat.

Kurogiri stood there, not bound to the chair but towering over Hitoshi with narrowed yellow eyes. And beside him, to Hitoshi's utter disbelief, stood none other than All For One.

Hitoshi's mouth hung open, attempting to form words that eluded him. "You... how did you..."

All For One let out a chuckle, relishing the moment. "Ah, so good to see you, my boy."