Chapter 72: Cloaks of Black

[Previously]

"WHAT?!" Mayo exclaimed from a distance, causing her to look over and see the stunned expression on her face, "Nejire, you're totally cheating!" she charged the periwinkle girl while holding 10 cards.

"No, I'm not!" she insisted. Watsuji laughed at their squabbling. And, while the females prepared to end their day, they were also preparing to begin their tasks for the next day...

[Nabu Island Arc] Cloaks of Black 

"You do not write your life with words...You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do."Patrick Ness

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Nestled among the peaks, stood an aged storage facility. The atmosphere and inhabitants were both dull and covered in a layer of dirt. The League of Villains used it as a temporary headquarters.

"What the hell was that cargo we were hauling?" Spinner inquired, his arms crossed.

"I'm curious as well," Compress admitted, "Our grand act caused quite the stir..." he pointed out.

"Don't tell me the heroes didn't get it..." Chimera muttered.

"No, our source confirms that it's not in their possession," Spinner said.

"That's a big relief!" exclaimed Twice, flashing a thumbs-up, followed by... "This is terrible! The doc said that cargo was super important, and we lost it!" he cried, concerned, "Shigaraki, you gotta forgive me for screwin' up!" he begged, "It was their fault!" he said, pointing to Spinner and the others.

"Hey!" exclaimed the lizard-like man. A dark-blue jacketed Ashoka Shigaraki sat among the group's discussion. He appeared to be weary. Who wouldn't want more power after going through hell? Or, at the very least, he would receive it.

"It's no one's fault..." he stated abruptly, making his comrades stop bickering. "The doctor said it'd be fine as long as the heroes didn't obtain the cargo," he pointed out, standing up from his seat.

"But what the heck was that cargo anyway?!" Twice asked.

"Surely the doctor would have told you what we were transporting..." Compress took note, hoping for an explanation from their boss. He simply began going towards the door.

"Hey, where are ya goin'?!" Twice yelled.

"I'll be back," Ashoka said as he exited the building. He began to reflect as he took a few steps forward onto the grey gravel beneath his feet. Prior to the cargo transport and his eventual ascension to power, he spoke with the doctor, whom he only knew as Daruma Ujiko.

'The test subject should not be of concern to you, Ashoka Shigaraki,' he told him over video conference. 'As I promised, you will gain the power you seek,' he said, 'but only after I've completed my business,' he stated emphatically.

"Ashoka," a voice said, catching his attention. He looked up to find Izuku Kayama atop the warehouse.

"Izuku," he said as he saw him bounce down to his side.

"We have company," Izuku said as they gazed ahead. Four figures approached them. Ashoka's pupils constricted. They were Tenko, Toya, Himiko, and Liliya Midoriya. 

"I trust everything is in motion?" Izuku asked.

Ashoka nodded.

"Is your group aware of the plans?"