Chapter 66: The Hunted

[Previously]

Without warning, she enveloped him in an embrace, tears streaming onto his chest. "Thank you," she repeated, a refrain that echoed again and again, until a smirk played at the corner of Izuku's lips.

He had her, wrapped right around his finger.

[Zenin Clan Arc] The Hunted

"The difference between people and ideas is... only superficial." - Richard Rorty

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The Zenin Compound is a sprawling estate owned by the Zenin Family, a private Japanese clan known for their dedication to traditional martial arts and magical practices. The compound is situated in a secluded area surrounded by dense forests, providing a sense of privacy and security to the clan members who reside within its walls.

The Zenin Compound comprises several interconnected buildings that house numerous members of the clan, including the patriarch, his immediate family, and extended relatives. 

The buildings are constructed in the traditional Japanese style, with low-pitched tiled roofs, wooden beams, and sliding doors made of paper screens. The buildings are adorned with intricate carvings and paintings, depicting various scenes from Japanese mythology and folklore.

The Zenin Compound's centerpiece is the grand residence boasting numerous rooms such as the expansive living space, dining hall, and kitchen. The living area has traditional Japanese furniture like low tables, cushions, and bamboo screens while the spacious dining hall features a long wooden table and low seating arrangements for big groups. Modern appliances, traditional Japanese aesthetic kitchen.

There is also a meditation room, where the clan members engage in spiritual practices such as Zen meditation and chanting. The meditation room is designed to be peaceful and serene, with minimal decorations and soft lighting.

The compound has several storage rooms where the clan members keep their belongings, including weapons, clothing, and other personal items. The storage rooms are located in the basement of the main building and are heavily guarded to prevent unauthorized access.

One of the most prominent features of the Zenin Compound is the alarm bell placed in a high-reaching tower. The bell is used to alert the clan members of any danger or emergency situations. The bell is operated by a rope that extends from the top of the tower down to the ground, where it is accessible to the clan members.

...

Sitting alone in his room, Izuku exhaled wearily as he contemplated his thoughts. With the Yuuei Festival on the horizon, Nemuri would likely be away from home. Izuku had a resolute determination to speak with his second mother, also known as Inko Zenin or Inko Midoriya.

After an exhaustive search, KIho returned with a handful of findings. Despite his diligent efforts, he failed to locate Kyo or the Zenin clan's concealed compound.

Izuku came to the conclusion that Inko was the only person privy to their whereabouts. He had to come to terms with this reality, return home, address any queries she might have, and seek her assistance in accompanying him to the Zenin compound.

He slipped quietly into his shadow, gradually emerging from the dusky depths nestled in the corner of his former bedroom closet, without alerting a soul. A glance through the opening revealed an untouched room since his departure.

'They must've kept my door closed, it looks the same as when I left.'

He discreetly opened the door, surveying his room with its scattered books. His tidiness wasn't a strong suit. 'No way I left my room like this.'