Chapter 38: Team Aizawa; Face Off!

[Previously]

Rising from her seat, a confident smile spread across Saiko's face. "Our prey has been determined. Inform the others."

"Certainly, Lady Saiko," replied her classmate, bowing respectfully.

[Finding The Midoriyas] Team Aizawa; Face Off!

"Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress."Nicholas M. Butler

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

"What are your thoughts, Shoji-chan?"

Shoji's trio of limb-eyes peered out from the window on the building's fourth floor, sweeping across all directions. "It seems futile. No sign of our classmates can be seen."

Further down the corridor, Hitoshi stood watch, ears perked for any approaching sounds, heart racing as he paced back and forth. "Did you catch what the announcer said? Over fifty people failed. My suggestion is to abandon the idea of regrouping and focus on offense. Our licenses are out of reach if we remain here."

"I agree, ribbit," Tsu added, turning away from the window to face Momo, who was lost in contemplation at their center.

Momo flicked her ponytail and gazed at her companions. "You're right. We must take action, then..."

Shoji's sudden gasp cut through the air.

Hitoshi turned to him. "What is it? What did you see?"

His limb ears pressed against the wall. "Approaching figures," he muttered. "They're climbing towards us."

"Only a few?" Momo frowned. "Other schools should have larger squads arriving."

"Could it be Class A?" Hitoshi speculated, hope kindling that Mina had located them.

"Or perhaps individuals who got separated from their main groups and sought refuge here," Tsuyu mused. "Regardless, ribbit, we could attempt to ambush them..." Her frog-like eyes bulged. "AIZAWA-KUN, WATCH OUT!"

Hitoshi whirled around just in time to witness the window behind him shatter. Glass shards soared towards their group, dodging and rolling past them.

The walls reverberated with blaring music. Shoji cried out in pain, clutching his ears and doubling over, trying to escape the noise.

"Huh? Shoji?" Momo scanned the area frantically. "We're under attack! They've discovered us..."

Windows in succession shattered from left to right. Hitoshi navigated around glass fragments, peering out through the broken openings. Tsuyu rushed to Shoji's side. "Are you okay?" she asked.

He winced and slowly formed his limbs into fists, some streaked with blood. "Yeah," he mumbled, rising to his feet. "The sudden noise caught me off guard..."

"Where is the music coming from?" Momo wondered aloud, searching for the source amid the vibrating walls.

Meeting Momo's gaze, Hitoshi started down the corridor towards the origin of the sound, while Tsuyu and Shoji huddled against the wall.

Momo edged close to the broken windows... dangerously close.

"Yao-Yao, come back!" Hitoshi hissed, but it was too late. A peculiar projectile came hurtling in through the open window, aimed at Momo. Hitoshi instinctively wrapped his capture tape around her and pulled her away.

"Someone from a distance is sniping us with their Quirk!" She choked, discarding the shield. "Hitoshi, get do..."

Hitoshi's pupils dilated. He realized too late that another projectile was homing in on him. His eyes glowed blue. Paralyzed, he couldn't move...