Chapter 52: Zero and Lemillion!

[Previously]

'Mere two won't suffice against the boss,' Mimic pondered from behind the wall. 'I must continue working on these...'

Employing his Quirk, he created a gap, dropping the heroes into the room below, where three of the Eight Bullets awaited..

[Project 42 Arc] Zero and Lemillion!

"One's only rival is one's own potentialities. One's only failure is failing to live up to one's own possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king, and must therefore be treated like a king."Abraham Maslow

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Overhaul and Chronostasis strode away from Eri's room, their steps accompanied by the distant echoes above.

"Unified movement," Chronostasis murmured, cradling the young girl securely in his arms. "A synchronized purpose guides them. They possess a definite destination in their sights."

"Nevertheless," Chisaki interjected, "our presence there is unnecessary." He gestured toward the cache of completed rounds nestled within his pocket. He was averse to squandering their utility by expending them on the encroaching heroes... unless absolutely imperative.

"The Eight Bullets will execute their designated tasks. Additionally, we have contingencies in place. Have faith, Chrono. Apprehension is needless."

...

The reverberations persisted, their echoes weaving through the labyrinthine passages overhead.

Toga pressed herself against the tunnel wall, a futile attempt to mask her unease. 'Heroes. Heroes have made their entrance,' she ruminated. On the opposite side, Hayakawa held his position, oblivious to her internal turmoil. 'Izuku didn't breathe a word about a hero assault!'

'Tenko explicitly cautioned against revealing my true self. After the incident at the Training Camp, Izuku would undoubtedly discourage any exposure that might draw undue attention to him. What's the deal with these heroes in this narrative? Weren't we slated for a brief few days here...'

From the shadows materialized Chronostasis and Overhaul. "The demise of the Hassaikai is nigh," proclaimed Chrono.

"Not if the boss and I endure," retorted Chisaki.

Toga's eyes narrowed. Chrono, with whom she had shared a modicum of familiarity during the recent days, cradled a young white-haired girl in his arms.

"Who's she?" she blurted out, gesticulating as they advanced toward FOWL members.

"She plays a pivotal role in the scheme," replied Overhaul curtly, his breath labored. "We're making our escape. Heroes are en route."

"You both," commanded Overhaul. "Safeguard our rear. A handful of heroes have surged ahead of the main contingent. Fulfill your duty."

"And what of the League?" inquired Hayakawa.

"There have been minor alterations to the League's course of action."

"Mimic will provide reinforcement," added Chrono as they pressed deeper into the tunnel. "MOVE!"

...

Izuku and Mirio came to a halt, their breaths ragged and their brows glistening with sweat.

Up ahead in the tunnel, their targets loomed. Overhaul, known as Kai Chisaki, occupied the center. Beside him stood Chronostasis, his loyal aide. Clutched protectively in the aide's arms was Eri, a frightened figure, her delicate face partially obscured by trembling arms.