Chapter 71: Forced Partnership

[Previously]

"Members of Class Dog-1..." the other two girls continued as Watsuji touched her tummy to float, catching the part of the life preserver between her classmates.

"Heading out!" screamed the four of them. Mirio dashed away, racing down the streets with his four subordinates. They ran through the neighborhood and across flower fields before reaching the main road, where Mirio leaped over the railing into the broad farmland below stretching out towards the major city.

[Nabu Island Arc] Forced Partnership

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Reibu and Haru were soaring over the island side by side. Haru flew using her dragon wings while Reibu used her glowing left fist. Flying down with the onyx-haired adolescent, the brown-haired teen was relaying a message over her cell phone. Having received a call from Hayato, who ran off from his position at the beachfront to rendezvous with Mirio and the others

Keiko and Retsu were teaching a group of kids how to swim at the beach, with the two students demonstrating the backstroke. To their surprise, the kids all seemed to get the hang of it right quickly.

Meanwhile, Mirio and the others searched the city for the missing youngster they had been assigned with discovering.

They questioned a few people whether he was in the neighborhood and greeted the residents before racing off to the next location. Several vehicles were stopped on the mountain route as the remains of a rockslide obstructed the path forward.

Luckily, Ririko and Roki were present. The previous member of the group emitted a gaseous-like acid from her skin, which condensed into acid rain clouds. Ririko stared as the clouds corroded as the person beside her stuck their palms out and blasted a pink laser beam from their hands.

The smoke dispersed, revealing that the debris had been utterly annihilated. People cheered for the two students who assisted them as they turned around and posed for their new followers.

Everyone on the island appeared to be hard at work in some manner, shape, or form. Habuko was bringing an elderly woman to the hospital as quickly as she could, waving to passers-by.

Mayo was at the harbor, assisting a worker in tying down a shipment of supplies to a vehicle. She flexed her gorilla arms in response to the man's thanks.

The infant, which the man's wife was carrying in a backpack on her back, began to cry at the sight of Mayo's wild appearance. His mother smiled reassuringly, while the pupil panicked, waving her arms in an attempt to calm the child.

Joben was out in the fields tapping into the Old Man's phone, attempting to figure out why it had a virus...he almost gasped when he saw why. Joben swiftly returned the phone after repairing it. When the phone started to ring, the Old Man turned back to the student and gave him a thumbs up, to which he answered with a shy wave as he quickly walked away, the walking quickly turning into fast running.

...

While displaying her chart for everyone's benefit, Kashiko Sekigai meticulously monitored the screen with her hands on it in an attempt to locate the missing child that the group was searching for.

She pointed to her right after finally detecting something. Mirio rushed out in that way, sparks of yellow lightning crackling around his torso. "You guys stay right here!" He called back to them.