Chapter 98: Happy Life

[Previously]

Fumikage Tokoyami couldn't hear the remainder of Fat Gum's warning. He was already ascending rapidly, his heart pounding in his chest, heading towards the mansion, towards Dabi.

'Always so smug, always so callous. Thinking you can reshape the world with your words. I will make you pay for what you've done! I will eliminate you!'

[All for War Arc] Happy Life

"Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go according to any rules. They're not like aches or wounds, they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

The heroes strode purposefully towards the imposing front doors, with Endeavor leading the way. Hitoshi found himself sandwiched between Shota and Mandalay as they made their approach.

"It's a shame we can't use our Quirks to alert the staff in advance," Mandalay whispered to Hitoshi.

"That would only give Garaki and Hisashi time to prepare," Hitoshi replied. "Besides, they might intercept our messages."

"True, but this situation is bound to get messy for a while."

"We just need to stay focused on the task at hand," said Shota, adjusting his scarf in preparation for action.

With a forceful shove, Endeavor swung open the doors, and the rest of the heroes swiftly followed suit. Hitoshi stepped into the wide, pristine white hallway of Iwate Hospital, immediately engulfed by a palpable sense of unease. His heart raced in his chest.

The startled staff members milling about turned their attention toward the newcomers. "Endeavor?!"

"Why are the heroes here?"

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Everyone, please evacuate! There may be fighting inside soon!" Mandalay called out. Pixie-Bob and Tiger sprang into action, assisting her in guiding the bewildered civilians to safety.

Endeavor pressed on, with Crust and Mirko trailing closely behind. Hitoshi quickened his pace to catch up, while Shota continued forward, maneuvering through the questioning nurses and doctors. Hitoshi brushed past one of them, offering a hasty apology, and noticed Endeavor turning a corner up ahead.

"This way! Hurry!" a voice yelled.

Reaching the corner, Hitoshi locked eyes with Endeavor, who was pointing at a figure. "Kyudai Garaki! One of the masterminds behind the Nomu... your time is up!"

It was the elderly doctor from the train, clad in a lab coat—Ujiko, as they called him. He was halfway down the hallway, and his eyes widened in terror upon spotting Endeavor. Letting out a shriek, he bolted away.

"No!" he gasped. "It's too soon... How could this happen so quickly?"

Shota's scarf snaked outward, swiftly coiling around the man's leg and causing him to stumble. With a quick move, Hitoshi propelled himself forward and forcefully slammed the man into the floor.

"Excellent work, Mockingbird," Endeavor grunted in approval.

Shota activated his own Quirk, and suddenly, Ujiko's appearance aged rapidly. Hitoshi gasped, almost releasing him out of disgust, as he felt the wrinkled skin beneath his grip.

"I thought the registry stated he was Quirkless," Mirio questioned, perplexed.

"It seems the registry was incorrect," Shota replied. "This is likely the same Quirk that All For One has been using to sustain his longevity."