Chapter 67: Blissful Feelings III

[Previously]

The susurrus of rustling leaves seized his attention, and from within the thicket emerged a girl. The girl who held a place of significance in his life.

"Kyo."

[Zenin Clan Arc] Blissful Feelings III

"Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop." - H. L. Mencken

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

"Kyo," he remarked, watching as the woman emerged gracefully from the foliage toward him. "I assume you're responsible for that bird?"

She nodded affirmatively.

"Both of us, members of the Zenin clan. Who would have thought?" She chuckled, and he joined in.

"Izuku Midoriya Kayama Shigaraki Zenin," he mused, a smirk curving his lips. "That's quite the name."

"But I suppose the Midoriya name is merely a fiction; my father created it to evade the Shigaraki name."

"True," she responded.

They fell into a thoughtful silence, words failing to bridge the awkward gap that lingered after recent events.

"Izuku," she began tentatively, taking a step forward. "I still wish to be a part of your plans, only if you'll have me," she added earnestly.

He chuckled softly. "I've always forgiven you. You did what you believed was right, and any of us in your shoes would likely have made the same choice. Vengeance consumes us all."

"But you don't have to carry that burden anymore. We're here for you, and I'm here for you." He closed the distance between them.

She hastily brushed a tear from her eye and sniffled. "I'm not worthy of someone like you." A sudden burst of laughter followed her confession.

"Whether you realize it or not, you're the one who pulled me out of the darkness. Your assistance has had a more significant impact than you might think."

Their closeness intensified, the warmth of each other's breath tangible.

Izuku and Hiyoriko stood face to face, locking gazes in a deep and intense stare. The air brimmed with anticipation, both sensing an imminent shift.

With a gentle yet fervent kiss, Hiyoriko leaned in, and Izuku's heart skipped a beat. As their lips met, his arms instinctively enveloped her, drawing her nearer.

Breaking the kiss slightly, Izuku peered into Hiyoriko's eyes. "I've wanted to do that for a while," he whispered, his voice a mere breath.

Hiyoriko grinned, planting a kiss on Izuku's cheek. "Me too," she replied, her eyes dancing with delight.

Once again, their lips met fervidly, the world narrowing down to that single moment. Emotions surged, and they surrendered to their feelings.

Finally, they pulled apart, foreheads touching. Love radiated from Hiyoriko's eyes as she locked onto Izuku's gaze. "I never want to lose you," she confessed, her voice quivering slightly.

Izuku smiled, leaning in for another kiss. "You won't," he murmured against her lips.

Their mouths met once more, passion igniting. Everything else faded as they lost themselves in each other.

Breaking away, their foreheads connected again. Hiyoriko's eyes brimmed with affection as she met Izuku's gaze. "This feels right," she uttered, her voice trembling with sincerity.