Chapter 95: No Man Is an Island

[Previously]

Hitoshi pulled away from Akiba's grasp, a scowl forming on his face. He yearned to pummel Izuku to a bloody pulp for everything he had put them through.

"Let's get it done."

[Perfect Preparation Arc] No Man Is an Island

"Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting." - Robin Williams

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

'This is not what I expected!' Tazawa screamed in her mind.

Tazawa's heart pounded in her chest as she raced through the vibrant and ethereal Spirit Kingdom. The moon bathed the landscape in a soft, otherworldly glow, casting long shadows that danced beneath her nimble feet. 

Behind her, a legion of 30 Spirit Soldiers, their eyes burning with determination, pursued her relentlessly, their weapons shimmering with an unearthly light.

Tazawa leaped effortlessly from one shimmering platform to another, utilizing every nook and cranny to her advantage. Her lithe frame twisted and turned, a whirlwind of agility, as she navigated the intricate maze of floating islands that composed the Spirit Kingdom.

With a burst of speed, Tazawa reached a slender bridge. The Spirit Soldiers closed in, their voices blending into a unified chant. As they neared, they hurled a barrage of enchanted spears, each one crackling with energy. 

Tazawa's reflexes kicked in, and she somersaulted mid-air, her body contorting in an acrobatic display. The spears whizzed past her, missing her by mere inches, embedding themselves into the stone structure.

Seizing the moment, Tazawa launched herself from the bridge. Her fingers grazed the edge of a nearby floating rock, and she swung herself up, her lithe form arcing gracefully through the air. The Spirit Soldiers, momentarily confounded by her unexpected maneuver, skidded to a halt at the edge of the bridge.

Using her surroundings to her advantage, Tazawa spotted a series of crystal pillars extending upward into the sky. The pillars served as support structures for the floating islands, and they presented her with an opportunity for vertical escape. She sprinted towards the nearest one, leaping onto its surface with a burst of raw strength.

The Spirit Soldiers regrouped and resumed their relentless pursuit. Their weapons glowed with intensified energy. 

With a surge of focus, Tazawa triggered her power, freezing the world around her.

The Spirit Soldiers, caught in a temporal stasis, were momentarily suspended mid-step, their weapons held in mid-air.

Time resumed its flow, and the Spirit Soldiers, bewildered by the sudden disarray, scrambled to regain their footing. 

They hurled a volley of glowing energy projectiles toward Tazawa, their aim true and their determination unyielding. But just as the projectiles approached, Tazawa invoked Temporion once again, stopping time in its tracks.

Close to Tazawa's face, the energy missiles hung still in midair. As she swiftly planned her next move, her heart raced in her chest. She swiftly jumped from one suspended platform to another, deftly dodging the bullets that had been frozen in place. Each platform served as a stepping stone for her as she navigated the dangerous pursuit.

Time started to move again, and the Spirit Soldiers increased their efforts after being startled by Tazawa's apparent uncanny evasion. They advanced, their weapons glistening with extraterrestrial energy. Tazawa once more used Temporion when she sensed danger coming and stopped the pursuit.