Chapter 82: Things Are Starting To Move IV

[Previously]

And like before, the effects became apparent all at once.

He remembered everything now.

[Nabu Island Arc] Things Are Starting to Move IV

"Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

-You Can Be A Hero Too-

Izuku jolted awake, drenched in a cold sweat, his heart pounding in his chest. Gradually, he recognized the familiar cushion beneath him and rubbed his eyes, allowing his surroundings to come into focus. To his surprise, he found himself in his room within FOWL's base.

"How long have I been unconscious?" he inquired, seeking answers from his guardians who were quick to respond.

"It's been about a week... yeah, roughly a week," Koyami hazarded a guess, causing Izuku's astonishment to deepen.

"Healing your injuries caused major exhaustion, that's why you've been out so long.." Sasami noted.

"What-" Izuku began to speak, but his words were abruptly cut off by Hayami.

"It would be best if you discussed the entire situation with Himiko. She can provide a clearer explanation than we can," she advised the necromancer boy, and he nodded in agreement.

Izuku stretched his tired muscles and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, scratching his lower back as he stifled a yawn. He shuffled towards his closet and selected a plain, unremarkable outfit. Once dressed, he ventured out of his living quarters in O4F, utilizing the hatch elevators to go to O2F, where the main lounge area was located.

Walking in, he noticed the absence of any activity, and the entire base lay in a profound silence. Only one person, Liliya Midoriya, sat engrossed in her phone on one of the couches.

"Liliya," Izuku called out, causing the girl to startle and hastily turn around, finding Izuku standing there, his penetrating gaze fixed upon her.

"Ah, you're awake..." she murmured, briefly glancing down at her phone.

"Where is everyone?" Izuku inquired, simultaneously tapping into his bugs. The base seemed as lifeless as his own shadow, devoid of any sign of human presence.

Liliya shrugged nonchalantly. "They're out. That support course student who used to provide us with items said she can no longer do business with us. Toya went out to find a new broker."

"What happened after—"

"Nabu?" she interjected, a hint of curiosity in her voice. "I suppose I should start from the beginning."

-Flashback-

After some time, a figure emerged on the island, diligently rummaging through the wreckage of the cavern. It was Hawks, his left hand clutching what appeared to be a latch. Determinedly, he cleared away the rocks, desperately seeking to reach the person buried beneath. Fortunately, his efforts paid off as he discovered a survivor.

"You still with me, Isamu student?" he inquired. The scorpion-tailed teenager coughed, slowly rising from the ground, her body covered in abrasions. She weakly raised her head, astonishment filling her eyes at the sight of the number two hero before her.

"Hawks...?" she uttered in disbelief, her voice trembling. "But... how?" she questioned, struggling to comprehend the situation.

Hawks sighed with a mixture of relief and amusement, a smile creeping onto his face. "Well," he responded, "some of us came ahead to check if you were still alive..." he assured the girl. "It was just me... and a few others," he added, gesturing to the surroundings.