Post-Supper (Hospital) Cuddle Time

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the last chapter? Sorry that it took me a while to get it out, but I had to finish it today after having started it yesterday. But now that it's out, it means that I can move on to the next chapter; and that would be this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it just as much as you did the previous one(s) and continue to enjoy the story overall. Thanks again for reading, and I can't wait to see where our journey continues to take us because, as you know...I am also a reader on this journey with you. And that means that I don't know much about what's going to happen in this chapter, let alone the next chapter. And while I may have some long-term goals, I am still figuring out how (and how many chapters I need) to write in order to get to that goal. So, let's not waste any more time when it comes to this note, and let's get back to the story. Here's chapter Two Hundred and Fifty-Three.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The pasta that Matt and Gabby both just enjoyed with each other this evening was absolutely delicious, unlike the horrible aftertaste of the toothpaste and mouthwash that Gabby just had to deal with. Why she decided to swallow the toothpaste, rather than spit it out into the bowl of water that Matt is holding out in front of her? She was no clue. All she knows is that she feels horrible now, and like she made a real mistake; because the aftertaste of the toothpaste, and brushing her teeth is now stuck in her mouth. And that means that she's going to have to deal with it for the rest of the night. "Great, now I have to deal with this taste for the rest of the night." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case; but that didn't mean that he was going to say anything, as he didn't want to make her feel worse than she already is. After all, Gabby is sore and just feeling bad right now; he just hopes that he can make her feel better tonight by holding her in his arms and making her feel comfortable (or as comfortable as possible) in their hospital bed.

But hey, at least it's better than the hospital beds that other people have to use; and that's thanks to him, as he booked this suite for the both of them. Sure, did he overdo it? Maybe he did. But does he regret booking this suite for the both of them? Never. He will never regret booking this suite for the both of them, because they need it as a place to live right now; and soon, when the boys are here. Because that's the real reason why Matt got a hospital room with a living room, so that they could have extra space for another set of cribs; and so that he could keep the noise down when he's playing with Matteo and Noah, as Gabby and the girls rest in their bedroom...just like he does at home sometimes. But that's not something that he's going to concentrate on right now, as he's instead just going to concentrate on getting into bed with the woman he loves; that way, he can cuddle up to her like she wants him to do. And that's going to start right after Matt finishes up for the night. "Hey, it's going to get better. I promise Gabby." Gabby agreed, sighing.

"I think it's just because it's been a long day, with a bunch of drama and worries today." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, before making his way over to the bathroom this evening; that way, he could put the toothpaste and water in the sink...while also taking a minute to brush his teeth and just get ready for bed, as that's what he's going to do now that he's also taken Andy out to the washroom (he did it while Gabby was finishing up her pasta, as he finished eating earlier than Gabby). "I know you hate it Gabby, but it's only for a little while. Remember what the doctor said, you need to take it easy and just relax right now." Gabby agreed with her husband as he said that, while getting a bit more comfortable with the blanket she has. "By the way, thanks for asking my mom to bring some of our things that I want." Matt laughed as he heard Gabby say that, before continuing to brush her teeth. "I didn't." Confused, Gabby looked at her loving husband as he said that; after all, she was a bit confused at the moment about what he said.

If he didn't ask her mom to bring the things that they love here to the hospital, then who did? "Okay, then who did you ask to bring them?" Matt smiled as he turned his head and looked at the woman he loves. "I may have packed the hospital bags really far ahead of time." Gabby was a bit taken aback when she heard Matt say that. "Why?" Matt took a breath as he heard Gabby say that, not wanting to really answer that question as it might imply that he was thinking that this would happen; not that he wanted this to happen, of course...but he just doesn't know how Gabby would react to what he did. "Uhm...I did it just in case." Gabby then realized what he was saying, he did it in case this happened to them, which is exactly what happened, they had to come here to give birth early. And that was something that she guesses that he had to prepare for, that he had to prepare for. There are just things that Matt has to do for the sake of his mental health, which make him calm down and take a breath; and that's exactly what Matt's going to explain to her.