Family Time, Not Business Time

Hi Readers: Sorry for the MAJOR delay in starting today, but I ended up getting distracted ahead of starting; and honestly, I am just tired a bit today. But right now, I am not going to waste anymore time; because we have a lot to write. We have this story to write for you guys, and then I have my other story to write. But for now, let's just concentrate on THE CASEYS as that's the story that you want to read right now. And hopefully, your daily dose of the Caseys will be longer than yesterday's post; because that was just pathetic. Not even 3,000 words? Well, that's just not okay for my loyal readers; rather, you deserve long chapters...like this one.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Casey Hospital Suite, 5 PM – Yes, it's already five in the afternoon; that's how long the new family of six have been asleep, as Noah and his parents all cuddled up to each other in the hospital bed. But now, things were starting to change as Matt was starting to wake up to the sound of his wife's voice finishing on the phone with the hospital (I mean, who else could she be ordering food from?). This is a hospital after all, and there is no skip the dishes or uber eats; plus, that's ordered from an app rather than a phone (well, voice wise).

"Yes, a nice warm bottle of fresh milk. Some baby food, and two chicken meals. One with a side of mashed potatoes, and the other with a baked potato."

Turning his head, Matt went to put his hand on Gabby's back as he wanted something else; more specifically, he wanted mashed potatoes too...as he didn't want to have to use a knife around Noah. And let's just say that Matt putting his hand on Gabby's back worked, as she soon turned her head and looked at the man she loves. "Yeah baby?" Matt smiled, before telling his wife what he wants for supper; that he wants to have mashed potatoes rather than his regular baked potato that he always gets.

"Can you get me mashed potatoes instead of a baked potato?"

Smiling as she heard Matt's voice, Gabby was just happy that one of her men were awake now; but unfortunately, she had to break his heart...because the baked potato was not for him, but for her. And that was something that she was going to tell her husband, as she put her hand on top of the phone so that they don't hear her voice. "Who said that I don't want a baked potato, as well as some mashed potatoes? We're sharing the two meals with each other, so don't say a word." Matt agreed wit his wife, smiling at her.

"Sorry."

Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, before turning her head to go back to talking to the room service. "No, I'm still here. Sorry, my husband was just being picky in thinking that he was the only one that wanted to have a baked potato, when I am very much interested in having a baked potato. Just because I just gave birth, doesn't mean that I don't get to have a baked potato for supper." The receptionist for room service couldn't help but agree with the new mother as she said that, laughing through the phone.

"Okay, thank you so much. Now, how long? Okay, thank you and have a good night."

Going to hang up the phone that she just used to order some supper for both herself, and her boys; Gabby Casey smiled as she turned her head and just looked at her husband. After all, what he did was pretty selfish. "Wow. Didn't know that you were the only one that could enjoy a baked potato instead of mashed potatoes." Matt laughed as he heard Gabby say that, before looking down at Noah; their little boy, who was still fast asleep in between the both of them this (late) afternoon. "What time is it anyways?" Turning her head, Gabby smiled as she went ahead and checked the time. "It's five, and that means that it's almost supper time." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case. "And that means he's going to be exhausted after eating." Gabby agreed.

"You know, there is something that you can do right now."

Smirking as he heard Gabby say that, Matt thought that she was going to ask him to lean over her and give her a kiss; so, he pushed himself up and went to start leaning over his son and wife. However, that was not what Gabby wanted; rather, she wanted her husband to do something for her. And that would be to give their little boy a bath, as he was really starting to stink; unless that was him, then he needs to go take a shower...because one thing that Gabby was not tolerating, was the smell that was in the room.