Down a Dose, Up a Dose (and Moving Home?)

Hi Readers: And welcome to another day of chapters. I hope you guys enjoy these chapters, as they have a lot of content in them.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I went down a dose when we had the girls." -Matt Casey

When she heard that her husband went down a dose when they had the girls, Gabby took a breath as she knew what she needed to do; and that was to listen to her husband, and just let him explain himself. After all, this is his mental health that they are talking about; and while she would've liked to have been consulted, she has to understand that Matt needs to do what he thinks is the best for himself. And that was exactly what he did, he thought that going down a dose was the right thing to do, at the time, at least. Because by the sound of where this is headed, it might be that it wasn't the right thing to do at the end of the day; and rather, he should've just stayed the course. But what Gabby doesn't know, is that he didn't just go back to his old dosage; but he went up.

"So, I can only assume that you went back to your normal dosage the moment that you realized that it wasn't working?"

Taking a breath as he heard Gabby say that, Matt shook his head as he looked into her eyes. "That's why I need to talk to you about this." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, while also feeling him stroke her back. "And I just hope that you aren't going to be mad at me for what I tell you." Shaking her head again, Gabby smiled as that was the last thing that was going to happen; at the end of the day, all that mattered is that he keeps her in the loop when it comes to what happens with his treatment. And right now, that's exactly what the man she loves is in the midst of doing. "As long as you keep me in the loop, then we aren't going to have any problems." Matt agreed with Gabby, as that's exactly what he wants to do right now; he wants to talk to her, so that he can keep her in the loop.

"And that's why I think we need to talk right now, so that I can fill you in on everything that's going on."

Gabby agreed with her husband as he said that, before moving closer to the man she loves; after which, she wrapped her arms around his neck as she stared into those gorgeous eyes that she loves more than anything in the entire world. Kissing him softly for a moment, it wasn't long before Gabby's hands were back on his cheeks. "For crying out loud, can you just pick a spot?" Leaning back, Gabby looked at her husband. "Would you rather not have my hands on your body at all?" Matt shook his head, as that most certainly was not that he wanted. "No, because then that would mean that I wouldn't be able to have my hands on this gorgeous body of yours." Gabby smiled as she heard Matt say that, before wrapping her arms around his head as she cuddled up to him some more.

After which, she pressed her body against his; while at the same time, she slipped her legs in between his and proceeded to kiss the man she loves love than anything in the entire world. And she truly means it when she says that, as Matt is the only man that she thinks of day or night; and that's why he needs to keep her in the loop, so that she can help him. So that she doesn't have to worry about him (as much), and so that she knows that he's not suffering; because clearly, that's something that's been happening of late. Her husband may have been suffering in silence again, and that breaks her heart, which is why she and Matt are going to talk for a bit, and just talk about how she felt when they started this PTSD journey. A journey that started in their old home in Hawaii.

Yes, you heard that right; this is not their first home in Hawaii, but their second home. And that was due to the fact that they didn't feel safe in their old home anymore, as their address had been leaked onto the internet when they had problems with the paparazzi. So, they discreetly purchased this new home; and before they even moved in, they made sure to get their security team set up in homes nearby so that they can take care of them. And that's exactly what they do on a daily basis, while also staying healthy; as they allow them to just do it from the comfort of their homes, while also doing hourly checks. Because that's just something that they need for their piece of mind, to have security check on the perimeter every once and a while; but they always feel safe, especially here.

Here, in this gated community that they live in, which is why their security teams can live further away, and just not have to always be here. And god, that has done wonders for Matt's mental health; as seeing them has always made him worry, but that doesn't mean that he's not still suffering at the moment. And that's actually why he and Gabby are in the midst of talking, and it's also the topic that they need to get back onto right now. "Okay, now that we're comfortable; I want to talk about this baby, because I want you to let me be there for you." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, as that's what he wants as well. But first, he wants a soft kiss from his beautiful wife, which is exactly what he stole from her. He stole a sweet kiss from the woman he loves more than anything.

But now, they need to talk to each other and just take it easy as they get through this. "Okay, so where were we? Right, the medicine." Matt agreed with Gabby. "I'm back at my old dosage, which is something that I'm happy about." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that, as that was exactly what she wanted to her; that he was happy at the dosage he was currently on, and that he was doing better. "Good, because I want you to do better baby; I don't want you to do worse, and I want you to talk to me when you feel like you need to talk to me." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case. "Oh, I am well aware of that fact now. And I'm sorry that I didn't realize that before." Gabby shook her head, as she didn't want to hear her husband apologize to her.

Not when he's having these problems, which they are going to sort out together. "Matt, do you think it might be related to all the stress that you've been having lately?" Matt sighed as he thought about it, and agreed with his wife; after all, their life here has been nothing but a roller coaster ride over the past year. "I hate to blame it on the stress that I caused." Gabby shook her head as she heard her husband say that he was the one that caused the stress, as he most certainly was not the one that caused the stress. "Hey, I don't want to hear you say that again. This is not your fault baby, and you need to take it easy and breathe for me." Matt took a breath, before sighing as he looked into Gabby's eyes. "I just feel like things are really had at the moment." Gabby agreed with Matt.

After all, that's exactly how she feels at the moment; like things are hard, especially when it comes to everything that's going on in Matt's head. All the problems that he's having, and just all that they've had to deal with here in Hawaii. "Matt, I need to ask you an honest question; and I want you to answer me the truth." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that. "Do you feel like Hawaii is helping you anymore? Like it's doing you any good? Or do you feel the same as you did in Chicago?" Matt took a breath as Gabby asked him that question, as it was a really good one. "I guess, one thing that's different is the number of people we have to support us; there I have Boden, Herrmann and other people I can talk to who are more neutral in my opinion." Gabby agreed with Matt.

After which, Gabby couldn't help but wonder if this is where their lives where taking them. "Does this mean what I think we're talking about?" Matt took a breath as he looked at the woman he loves. "I'm not returning to the CFD." Gabby shook her head as she heard Matt say that, as that most certainly is not happening. "No, we're going to work at the company. And we're just going to take it easy with our friends there. You need more people around us baby, because we need to have people like Boden and Herrmann to talk to." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, before smiling. "Means I can deal directly with the CFD." Gabby agreed with her husband as he said that, before smiling at him; after which, she took a breath as this is crazy. "This is crazy." Gabby agreed with her husband.

But at the same time, she's going to do crazy things for the man she loves. "Matt, we need to do what's best for you. And we both know what that is." Matt agreed with his wife as she said that, well aware of just what that is. And that would be to return to Chicago. "Hey, at least we already have a place there." Gabby smiled and agreed with her husband as he said that, kissing him softly. "And I love you...and can't wait to get home to Chicago."

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well, if that wasn't a huge change. I know that this is completely out of the blue, but I think that I want to be in Chicago again as I miss the rest of the crew; I want to be able to have some interaction with the firehouse, and just be there. And that means that I can have more characters from the show, and I hope you like it. But at the same time, this change means I need to do something; and that would be skip, which I am going to do. In fact, I am going to skip two weeks to Matt's birthday in Chicago.