COVID Day 2 with the Casey Family, Part 1

Hi Readers: Sorry for another delay, but I hope to get some nice chapters out to you guys tonight. Please let me know what you think, and give me some ideas if you have any, because I would love to have them. Now, let's get back to our story's main family.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Manalua Bay – The water was still cool as he took an early morning swim. The father of four, and former firefighter, having needed to just take some time on his own before taking his family; and due to the fact that both his wife, as well as his daughters were still fast asleep...it meant that he had time to do just that. But even if they did wake up, Matt was still close enough that he would have the ability to rush inside at a moment's notice should the girls wake up for another feeding (which is something that they're probably going to need soon). But the truth was, the girls weren't going to need to be fed for a while; because his wife and mother-in-law just finished feeding them, before moving them to the living room. And that's because Gabby wanted to spend a bit of time with him.

Time alone, without the kids; as they took a morning swim together, and just took a moment to relax. Because even though they slept in their bed for the first-time last night, Gabby could still see that her husband had a lot on his mind. And that was the reason she was here, rather than taking care of the kids right now; because they had family who can do that for them, especially when they need to take time together. And right now, her husband needs her; especially when he woke up so early in the morning, which is probably why Matt got so scared when she ended up swimming up behind him and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. In fact, he jumped and ended up pushing Gabby away a bit. "What the?" Turning around to face his wife, Matt soon realized that it was Gabby who did that.

Gabby was the one that was in the pool with him and was just holding him (until he forced her to get off of him). "Oh, hey. Sorry, did you call for me? Is it the girls?" Shaking her head, Gabby smiled as she got close to her husband so that she could hold him. "No, it's okay. Take a breath baby." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that, doing just that for the woman he loves; meanwhile, she put her hands on his face and just cuddled up to him. At the same time, Matt grabbed Gabby's legs and wrapped them around his waist; while also moving his hands to her back, and just keeping the woman he loves close to him. After which, she leaned in and kissed him softly, which was exactly what Matt needed at the moment, for his beautiful wife to kiss him as she holds him close, and they relax together.

Because right now, that's exactly what Matt needs to do; but at the same time, she also needs to do something else. And that would be to make sure that he did something, which would be to ensure that he already did something; and that would be whether he took his medicine yet, or if he still needs to take them. "Okay, did you already take your medicine?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she asked him whether he took his medicine. "I did. And I already took a run and had breakfast myself." Gabby was a bit taken aback as she heard Matt tell her everything that he's already done today, as he's already done a lot. "How long have you been up?" Matt sighed. "Maybe an hour and a half, to two hours." Gabby was surprised as she heard Matt say that, before getting a bit concerned.

Concerned that there was a reason behind him having decided to wake up around seven (or maybe even earlier) this morning, rather than him having just woken up because he felt like it; and that would be PTSD, as she just felt like he had some. And that was why she was here, because she just felt it in her gut that she needed to be here so that they could talk about it. And that's exactly the topic which she decided to broach as she was thinking about it. "Uhm...did you..." Already well aware of what Gabby was going to ask him, Matt decided that it was useless to try and hide what he was dealing with as soon as he woke up this morning; because he knew that Gabby was going to be able to see right through his denials, as she can just read him better than anybody when it comes to PTSD.