Mainlanders

Hi Readers: Sorry for the long delay in getting this chapter out to you guys. Heck, it took me almost an hour-and-a-half before I could even come up with an idea for what to write in this chapter. But now, I'm ready to write; and I am going to enjoy it. Now, I either plan on making this a short chapter; or it may be my last one for the night. We'll see. Hope you like it.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Miller Condo, Chicago – He was currently in the midst of walking around the house, while working on getting him and his wife unpacked; unpacked in their new home, that they just recently purchased here on the mainland. And let's just say that they are just as surprised as you are to have them here, as they never expected to leave Hawaii; but that's exactly what Ryan and Sarah Miller did, they left their jobs in Hawaii being and moved to the mainland. But it made sense for them, due to the fact that they need to work closely with their boss. More specifically, they need to work closely with Mr. and Ms. Casey, the owners of the company. And that was why this more made so much sense to the both of them. It made sense due to the fact that they needed to be close to their bosses.

But that didn't mean that their families were the biggest fans, especially when it came to when they moved; and that was due to the fact that they moved during the middle of a pandemic, which is not a wise thing to do when your wife is pregnant with your child. But that's what they did, and Ryan and Sarah have no regrets when it comes to the decision that they made; and that's due to the fact that he loves the fact that this is their home now. That they live here in Chicago, where they have so many great opportunities. Opportunities that they couldn't have had in Hawaii, including chances to explore the continental United States. I mean, they are close to so many great wonders; and they are also close to a bunch of things that will allow him to do great things, like see sports.

More specifically, football; as that wasn't something that he could do in person in Hawaii, with the exception of the annual Pro Bowl. The NFL's equivalent of the NHL All-Star Game. And luckily for him, it always took place in Hawaii; so, he could easily get tickets, and go there whenever he wanted. But now, he was going to be able to see even more sports; Hockey (Chicago Blackhawks), Baseball (Chicago Cubs and White Sox), Football (Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings), and Soccer (Chicago Fire). So, that's the real reason why Ryan and Sarah decided to take the company up on their offer to relocate to Chicago; with their jobs being guaranteed if they want to relocate, while also getting some time to do so. And even better, it was paid time off. So, that's exactly what they did.

They took a chance, and moved to Illinois so that they could continue working with their bosses in person; because that's something that they are very interested in doing and will always be interested in doing. But, it wasn't the only thing that they were interested in doing; as Sarah was hoping to wake up from her nap in her husband's arms, which isn't something that she did. Rather, she woke up alone in bed and the future mom was not happy about it. "Did you seriously have to let me wake up alone in bed?" Turning to look at his wife, Ryan sighed as he knew that she wasn't happy with him at the moment. And he could hear that in her voice, just how angry she was with him. But that was okay, as he wanted to unpack the home rather than stay in bed; he just hoped that Sarah understood.

"Babe, I wanted to unpack the house. We can't keep living out of boxes like we are right now."

Letting out a sigh, Sarah agreed as she knew that was the case; they couldn't keep living out of boxes, and instead had to get unpacked at some point. But that didn't mean that she had to like the fact that they had to do it, as she didn't. She didn't like the fact that she had to unpack the house, and just be here with her husband; in the kitchen, rather than in bed cuddling up to him. "Don't expect me to be happy as we do this." Ryan was confused as he heard Sarah say that, not exactly understanding what she meant as she walked over to him. "What are you talking about?" Sarah snickered. "What? You think that you're going to do this on your own?" Ryan bit his lip, as that was exactly what he was thinking; but the truth was, he wasn't going to be doing this on his own. She was going to help.