Preparing for the Statement at Home

Hi Readers: Sorry for starting so late. But before we begin, I have a quick note regarding updating this weekend. This weekend, I have plans with my father and that may mean that I either (a) can only update at night, or (b) may only be able to update one of my stories. So, I am not sure what is going to happen; all I know is that I want to keep going with these stories, and I promise to figure out how to do that each and every day that I can. But for now, I am going to get back to today's update of The Caseys so that I can update L&F.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She could still tell that her husband was nervous as she stood in the kitchen, carefully examining each and every muscle in his face and body; and there was a reason for that, which was due to the fact that she wanted to make sure that she caught it. Caught the twitch and sign that her husband makes when he's starting to get overwhelmed, because she knows that he's under a lot of pressure right now. And that was the last thing that Jane Solano wanted for her husband, especially as this is not his fault; and honestly, she just hopes that he knows that he just has to do his best. If he does that, then Mr. Casey is going to be happy; and that's all that matters at the end of the day. That he tries his best and makes sure that he does what's best for the company as he makes the statement.

Yet at the same time, she does know her husband; and she knows how he likes to have things go perfect, especially when it comes to his work. And that's because he doesn't take the title of Acting Chairman and CEO lightly, simply based on the fact that it's not their family company. He's the Acting Chairman and CEO of CASEY, a company which is owned by the Casey Family (95% by Matt and Gabby Casey, and 5% by Christie Casey and Violet Jordan). And that's the part that really scares him, because he knows that he's not playing with his own money; and that he's really taking care of another man's wealth. Wealth that he's earned by going through a lot of pain and suffering, and none of his own making; and the truth is, he just wants to believe that he can do this. That he can be a boss.

Because if he can't take care of the company when he's in charge in the interim, then who is he to believe that he can even do his job when he's just his boss' deputy; and that's what's weighing on Rafael right now, as he truly feels like the weight of the company is on his shoulders...and he feels like he has a duty to protect the Casey Family legacy, which isn't even his own. But that's just something that makes Jane love her husband even more, how he wants to help his boss even when he's so stressed out; she just hopes that he knows that she's here for him, and that she'll always be right by his side (where he needs her to be). And if he doesn't, then he's going to find out now as she set some eggs and coffee down next to him on the table; after which, she walked up behind him.

Bending down afterwards, Jane wrapped her arms around his neck and then proceeded to whisper in his ear. "I can only assume that you're worried that you're going to screw up?" Taking a breath as Jane asked him whether he's worried that he's going to screw up, Rafael agreed as that most certainly was exactly what he was worried about. "Jane, this is a big deal. I mean, this isn't something that you can just do easily; this is their family, and we want to protect them." Jane agreed with her husband as he said that, well aware that was the case. "Hey, and I know that you want to protect them Raf. And we are protecting them with the company, and we all have them in our thoughts and prayers. But you can't have the weight of the world on your shoulders all the time." Raf agreed with Jane.

After all, he does know that this isn't just on him to protect the company; he is going to have help, from his boss' sister. And that is in fact who is currently in the midst of calling him at the moment. Taking a breath, Rafael just looked up at his wife as he hated that he had to do this to her. "Jane, I'm sorry; it's..." Jane just understood, and agreed with her husband. "Hey, it's okay. I'm going to make some breakfast and wait for my mom. Just get ready for work and take it easy." Raf agreed with his wife as she said that, before turning his head and leaning up so that he could kiss her softly. "You're the best." Jane agreed with her husband as he told her that, before kissing him once more. "And you've got this Rafael..." And that's when she heard the doorbell ring. "I got it." Rafael agreed.