Welcome to Our New Home

Hi Readers: What did you guys just think of the flashback that I just wrote for you guys from their time on the plane? Well, I hope you guys liked it; as it sure was something that I think we can all agree was something pretty sexy, and that may have happened. Now, I think we all know where we are going to head to next. And that would be back home, where the firehouse is coming to help. Enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Present Time, Casey Home, Wayne, IL – Walking down the street together as a firehouse, everybody was more than surprised when they saw just what nice of a place that Matt and Gabby recently purchased for their family. Then again, it shouldn't have surprised anybody that they would get such a large home for their family. A home that most certainly had enough rooms for all of their children and more. In fact, it did. There was a room for Matt and Gabby, a room for the boys, a room for the girls, an in-law suite (more like a cottage), and there was even a spare bedroom for their office. An office that will definitely come in handy when they work, due to the fact that they (1) don't have an office here in Chicago yet, and (2) it's the middle of a pandemic. But that was why they were living here now, as they had to. If something happened to them, they needed to have their extended family around them, their team, their support group. Because if Matt and Gabby knew one thing, it was that having Boden and Herrmann with them during their times in the hospital from afar was not sufficient; rather, it was something that they couldn't have again. So, they decided to move home so that they wouldn't have to deal with that ever again. But if they were going to do that, then they  most certainly were going to do it in style, at a nice home.

"I still can't believe that they live WAY out here, this is a long drive from Chicago after all. I mean, we're talking an hour."

Hearing his Captain say that as they walked together towards the Casey home, Boden agreed with Herrmann as that most certainly was the truth. "Herrmann, did you forget how wealthy Matt and Gabby are now? Heck, we are making them wealthier." Herrmann agreed with his chief, before snickering as he just thought of something. "I swear, he can leave the firehouse; but I still need to write a report for him." And let's just say that some of the younger firefighters were not too pleased to hear their Captain complain, especially when this vehicle has much better suspension. "Respectfully Captain, this rig has much better suspension. And I am a much bigger fan of it, rather than have to deal with that old rig that we had to deal with." Herrmann snickered as he heard Gallo say that, before turning to face him. "I wouldn't complain, I had to ride on that thing for pretty much my entire career!" Boden then proceeded to add on. "And worse! God, you remember the one that it replaced?" Herrmann groaned. "God, that was horrible. The seats were so bad, especially due to the fact that the people ahead of us were all fat." Mouch then proceeded to add on. "Gallo, shut up right now."

Gallo was a bit confused as he heard Mouch say that. "I didn't even..." However, his friend decided to throw him under the bus. "Oh, shut up Gallo, you know that you were thinking about saying something!" Gallo reluctantly agreed with his best friend as he said that, well aware that was the case. Because at the end of the day, all of these guys all knew him pretty well. "God, I hate that you guys know me so well." Ritter agreed with Gallo as he said that, well aware that was the case. "It also means that I can keep you out of trouble, which is something that you're going to need to do; at least, if you want to keep that shiny new truck of yours. Or at least your spot on it. Chief Boden, I swear. If you ever want to swap Gallo and me..." Boden snickered. "Maybe we should do that, swap the candidates out every once and a while to make sur that they get trained on both of the vehicles." Ritter smirked as he actually liked that idea, but the same couldn't be said for his best friend, who soon slapped him and just gave him a glare. "Nice going Darren!" Ritter shook his head as he heard Gallo say that. "What? So, you get to be the only one that gets the nice truck? Hell no!" Boden then sighed.