I'll Follow Your Lead

Hi Readers: Before we begin, I want to apologize for how short yesterday's chapter was; and while I do hope to make this chapter longer, I am not guaranteeing anything as it all depends on where my creative juices send me. And now, let's see just where they go.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I hope you know that you didn't need to hide the fact that you don't want to have another baby from me."  -Jay Halstead

The moment she heard Jay make that statement this morning, Natalie knew that she had to do something; and that was remove herself from the conversation, as this is not a conversation that she needs to be involved in. Rather, this is a conversation in which only Jay and Alex need to be involved; and that was the exact reason that Natalie got up and proceeded to walk over to Jay (and the door) so that she could go be with Will as he and Alex spoke for a moment. But first, she placed her hand on his arm on her way out of the door and smiled at him. "I'll give you guys a moment." Jay smiled as Natalie walked by him, while also telling him that she'd give them a minute to talk; after all, that was exactly what he felt like he and Alex needed at the moment. Time alone so that they can talk.

And her giving them a moment to do just that was something that Jay really appreciated, which he told her as she walked by on her way out of the room. "Thanks Natalie, I appreciate that." Agreeing with her brother-in-law, Natalie didn't even stop walking to hug him; rather, she just made her way out the door (closing it behind her) so that she could give her brother and sister-in-law a moment. Meanwhile, Jay turned his head and smiled as he looked at the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world; the woman that has his heart, and whom he'll always support. After all, she's the love of his life; she's his wife, and she's the mother of his children. They're a team and will always be a team. "I hope you know that I might steal some bacon from you." Now that was nice.

A nice, simple comment to break the ice between the both of them; even though this shouldn't be an awkward time between the husband and wife, it still felt awkward as it was a time where Alex felt like she was going to be breaking her husband's heart. But rather, that was not the case; due to the fact that he didn't know whether he wanted her to get pregnant ever again in the first place, especially not after what they had to go through when she gave birth. When she gave birth to the beautiful children who were fast asleep in their cribs, which Jay was currently in the midst of walking over to so that he could have a moment with them. "I'm glad we still keep them in our room." Alex laughed as she heard her husband say that, before smiling as she looked at him.

"Me too. I just hope you know that I am starting to get a little impatient at the moment."

Jay agreed with his beautiful wife as she mentioned that she was getting a little impatient, so he decided that he would turn around and make his way over to where he really needed to be right now, which would be in bed, with his wife as he held her in his arms. That way, he could make sure that they spoke to each other and just took it easy. Because at the end of the day, that's what Alex needs to do right now as she continues to recover from giving birth; but she also needs to do something else, and that would be talk to him if she has things on her mind. "I hope you know that you had no need to hide any other this from me Alex." Alex agreed with her husband as he told her that, clearly able to see that was the case. "I can see that now." Jay smiled, while nodding at his wife.

After which, he made his way over to her side of the bed; looking at his wife at the same time, Jay decided to take off his blazer so that it didn't get ruined. After all, he was going to do something right now which could very easily create wrinkles in his blazer, which was him sitting down in bed with Alex, as they spoke with each other for a moment. After all, the last thing that he wanted...was for them to not be on the same page, which seems to be what they are at the moment; it seemed like the two of them weren't on the same page, and that meant that they had to fix that. They had to fix the fact that they weren't on the same page, by getting together and talking so that they were on the same page once more. And thanks to Jay sitting in bed with her, they would be able to do just that.