Hospital Day 3: Checking In

Hi Readers: Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out to you guys, but I got a bit distracted and just decided to do something else for a bit; and then I had supper, because I started to get hungry. But now, I'm back and ready to get back to the story. But first, I want to remind you that I am not going to write their second day at the hospital; rather, I am going to write the third day. Hope you enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

December 11, 2019 – Kapiolani-Tripler Medical Center
He was currently in the midst of taking a morning run today, having decided to go out as he needed to change his thoughts; he had to try and forget just what happened yesterday, the scare that they had with Bella. She had to go in for a surgery, a surgery that could fix something; not that the parents wanted to know, as they wanted to just keep thinking that their daughters were perfect. And now, they are in the clear they said; at least, they hope that they're in the clear. Of course, they'll keep praying each and every day that they're okay...and that they'll be able to take them home, which is exactly what the doctors are telling them they'll be able to do. But still, they know that they need to take it easy and just relax; and that's something that Matt and Gabby have both agreed about. They are going to relax, and they are going to take it easy; and that's fine, because they both know that it's something that they have to do. But Matt also knows that he needs to do something else, and that would be call home so that he can check on Matteo and Noah.

He wants to call home and check just how they're doing at the big house, since they haven't been there in a while. And he can just hope and pray that the boys are going to be okay. But the truth is, Matt thinks that everything is going to be okay. But still, Matt does want to check in; but he just needs to figure out who he should call, which was the entire reason why Matt hasn't made the call yet. But now, he is as he just decided who he was going to call; and that would be Antonio, as he was probably not the one who was taking care of the boys right now. And while yes, he appointed him to take care of the company; but at the same time, he said that he can do it from home so that he can be there with the boys....because that's what Matt and Gabby both want. They want to make sure that their boys have a constant right now, a constant which they can't give them right now; not that it's in their control, but it's due to the fact that they need to be here with Matteo and Noah's sisters Bella and Sofia. He needs to make sure that they're okay, and healthy.

And so far, they are okay; other than the surgery that Bella had to deal with, which is the entire reason why Matt hasn't gone home. Well, one of the reasons that he hasn't gone home; the other being due to the fact that he has PTSD, and he knows that he wouldn't really be able to give the boys what they need if he was home with them. If he was home with them, then he would want to give them his full attention; but that wouldn't happen, because this is where his head and heart really is right now: at the hospital, with Gabby, Bella, and Sofia. And so far, he's been happy to be here; because it means that they can take it easy, and they can just concentrate on their girls. But now, he needs to go something else; and that would be check in on their sons. So now, he's going to do just that; he's going to call home and check on the boys. So, time to stop stalling. Time to call home and check on his boys: Matteo and Noah. Which is exactly what Gabby actually asked him to do, she asked him to check on their sons, which is what he's doing right now.

Going to grab his AirPods from his pocket, Matt proceeded to put them in his ears; after which, he put his case back into his pocket as he didn't want to see it while he watched Andy run around in the back of the hospital. They have a play pen back here for service dogs, so Matt decided to bring him down here while he talks to Antonio, which is exactly what he's going to start doing, just as soon as he picks up the call that he just started (since he pushed his name on his phone). And lucky for him, it didn't take long for Antonio to answer the call. "Well, I can only hope that this isn't a business call." Matt sighed as he heard his brother-in-law say that, as that was not why he was calling. "Antonio, can we really not talk about business right now? We're two weeks away from my kids' first Christmas." Antonio agreed with Matt as he said that. "Wow, first Christmas as a family, also first one with four kids." Matt agreed with Antonio as he said that. "Wouldn't have it any other way though." Antonio agreed with his brother-in-law as he said that.