Baby Halstead #3: When...and How? - Part One

Hi Readers: Did you like the surprise update that I gave you guys yesterday? Well, I am glad to say that's not the only new update that you guys are going to be getting this weekend, as I want to just get a daily update schedule going for this story; and that is due to the fact that I don't want you guys to miss this story too much, even though I want to concentrate on the other story that I am currently writing. But like last chapter, I can't promise that the updates are going to be very long. But for now, I think we're good.

And that's the only message that I really had to share with you guys today regarding this story, ahead of me posting this and updating the other story; because I hope that you guys are reading both this story (The Caseys) and my new story (Lost and Found). But for now, how about you enjoy this update of The Caseys. Thanks again for reading, and I can't wait to see what you think of this chapter.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She could tell based solely on her husband's reaction to her statement that Jay was shocked when it came to her telling him that she wants to wait until 2022 to have another baby, even though she has her own reasons; reasons which are related to when she gave birth to the twins, and which she still struggles with on a regular basis. Heck, that they both continue to struggle with to this day on a daily basis; after all, Jay had to experience that too. He had to watch her give birth a lot earlier than expected, which was something that neither of them planned to do; but that doesn't mean that it's going to happen again, for the reason that Alex just told her husband. But now, she knew that they needed to talk about it; especially since her husband was confused about her statement. And if there was one thing that Alex didn't want, it was for Jay to be confused; rather, she wanted to be on the same page as her husband. At the same time, she wanted them to come to this agreement together. Yes, she made this decision on her own.

But that didn't mean that she didn't want Jay to understand where she's coming from and have a bit of a say in whether they stick to the timeline that she just proposed (which she hopes that he does). But right now, that's not something that she can ask her husband; at least, not until she takes him to the living room, and they take a moment to speak about it together. Until they sit together and talk about the decision that she made for the both of them; and the reasons behind her decision of not wanting to get pregnant for a couple years at the earliest. That is, if they even want to have another child; because they aren't really sure about that yet, whether they even want to get pregnant. And that's, of course, also due to how things turned out during her previous pregnancy; but that didn't mean that Alex wasn't a bit intrigued by the idea of her getting pregnant again, as she wanted to have the opportunity to do it right. For her to give birth on time, and not have to worry about giving birth so early; especially not if they only have one more child.

And that's due to the fact that, if she's only pregnant with one more baby; then there's a better chance that she can give birth closer to 38 (or even 40) weeks. And in her mind, that's the ideal number of weeks that you should be pregnant; prior to you giving birth to the baby that you have already waited so long to meet and are going to love from the moment they're in your arms. And that's what's going through Alex's mind at the moment, as she led Jay to the living room so that they could sit down together and talk about what was on her mind; and so that she could tell him the reasons behind her wanting to wait to have another baby, not that they are really in a rush. Anyways, she'd be open to it if it happens; because there's no way that she would ever allow her hunk of a husband to use protection with her, not when he's the love of her life. But still, that didn't mean that she and Jay weren't going to talk right now; while she sits in his lap and cuddles up to him. But first, she needed him to sit down on the couch, which she was about to tell him to do.

She was going to tell him to do so, as she turned around to face her man (whilst still holding his hand this afternoon). After all, she likes to cuddle. "Can you..." Already well aware of what his wife wants him to do, Jay smirked as he just got close to Alex; after which, he wrapped his arms around her and brought her body against his chest. "Let me guess, you want me to sit down so that you can sit in my lap?" Alex smiled as she heard Jay ask her that, as that was exactly what she wanted. But first, she wants to do something else; something that Jay wants her to do as well, just as soon as she stepped close to him and wrapped her arms around him. In return, Jay wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and smirked as he looked down into those gorgeous eyes of hers (whilst also bending down and kissing her softly); after which, he moved his hand to her neck and smiled. "I love you." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that he loves her, well aware that was the case. "Oh, I am well aware of the fact that you love me; because that was a lot of fun back there."