Re: The Wedding of Joe Cruz & Chloe Allen, Part 1

Hi Readers: And welcome to another day of chapters. Chapters which will include more characters in this universe that I am creating, as well as some that we already know and love. Like in this one, where we're going to speak to none other than the next one to get hitched (in our book). Let me know what you think. And for my Wattpad Readers, what do you think of the new cover? It was created by @bookcoversbymw. She is incredible, and it was awesome. Now, what do you say we get to work writing another set of chapters? Well, if that's what you want; then it's what you shall receive. Hope you guys like today's chapters.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Personal or work-related?"

That was how Matt started the conversation with Mr. Joe Cruz, his new President, and Deputy CEO of Casey Fire; a position that was previously held by Severide, until he decided to return to the Chicago Fire Department. More specifically, to Firehouse 51 and Squad 3, where he is once more the Lieutenant. But unfortunately, there was already a Lieutenant there on his shift when he was returning; so, Matt decided to do something for him. And that would be offer his old job (at the company) to the Lieutenant who was on Squad 3, so that he could get the position; meanwhile, the Lieutenant would take his position at the company. And luckily, that's exactly what happened. Lieutenant Cruz resigned his post at the CFD and joined Casey as the new President, and Deputy CEO of Casey Fire; while Kelly Severide returned to his previous post in the CFD as Lieutenant on Rescue Squad 3, one which uses a vehicle he created.

And that was why Matt started the conversation the way he did, as he never knew what type of conversation that he was going to have with his friends; the friends that were formerly his co-workers at Firehouse 51, who used to report to him. And for a while, Cruz most certainly did not report to him; and that was due to the fact that from October 2018 until present day, Matt has not been at the CFD. Rather, he first took time away to go on a trip with Gabby; before eventually moving to Hawaii and starting this crazy journey which, you have born witness to ever since it began. But now, he was back home in Chicago and (at times) having to deal with both. Sometimes, he had to deal with the CFD for business; as well as just giving them advice, should they ever come to him for it. And that also included when he dealt with his friends, some of which are also his employees; but you already knew that as I just said it.

However, Matt didn't know which he was dealing with at the moment. Was he dealing with his friend Joe Cruz, who is in the midst of planning his wedding to his fiancé Chloe Allen? Or is he speaking to his employee Mr. Cruz, who should know (due to the fact that he is also his friend at the same time) that he probably shouldn't really be speaking business with him on his birthday; after all, he knows just how mad that may make Gabby as she doesn't want her husband to work anymore. But luckily for Matt, that isn't something that he needs to work about; due to the fact that this most certainly was not a business call. But rather, it was a personal call related to something that Joe was doing; while at the same time being the President, and Deputy CEO of Casey Fire. Something much more personal and closer to his heart, as it was related to his wedding to Chloe Allen; his blushing bride that he met while on duty.

"Believe me, I wish it was work related. Do you know how much planning goes into a wedding?"

Gabby was confused as she heard Cruz say that, as she thought that was already done by now as their wedding is literally eighteen days away. "Ok. Last time I checked, your wedding is in eighteen days! How are you not done planning yet Cruz?!?" Cruz groaned as he heard Gabby ask him that. "A little thing called COVID my dear Gabriela. We are literally cutting down our guest list as we speak by three quarters. We can only have 50 people in the church, including us, the priest, and our wedding party. We already have 12 with the wedding party, 13 with the priest, maybe 20-25 with the firehouse. That only leaves 12 people for each of us, and one that we choose together." Gabby then realized that, while hearing the stress that was in the groom's voice. "Oh." Cruz agreed with his Latina friend. "And now you now why I am not working at the moment, as I have a wedding to plan!" Gabby snickered, agreeing with Cruz.