Co-Chief Executive Officers

Hi Readers: Hope you liked the quick glimpse into the Halstead Family life, but I have decided that I want to go back to our namesake family; and that's due to the fact that I have an idea for them. Hope you guys like this idea and continue to enjoy the story.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DRAFT E-MAIL
FROM: Casey, Matthew
TO: Members of the Board; Senior Executives
CC: Chicago Office; Hawaii Office; Los Angeles Office
SUBJECT: Leadership Changes

Good Morning:
First of all, I want to say this on behalf of the entire board. I hope that all of our employees are staying safe and are following the local guidance when it comes to what you need to do to stay safe; and I am also hoping that you guys are able to access your e-mails from home, as that's exactly where I believe you should be at the moment. I believe you should all be working from home for your health. But that's just the first message that I want to convey to you all, because I actually have some announcements that I want to make. And that announcement is related to, as you can probably guess; some leadership changes that I have decided to make is to promote Mr. Rafael Solano, from his former position of Principal Deputy Chief Executive Officer to co-Chief Executive Officer.

That means that me and Mr. Solano are therefore going to be equals at the company, well almost; I will still retain a few more powers than him, by virtue of my title of Chairman of the Board. Meanwhile, Mr. Solano will retain his title of Vice-Chairman of the Board. But now, I am going to explain just why I have decided to make this change. And the change was made due to the fact that I feel like Rafael is much more worthy of the position of Co-Chief Executive Officer, because of how much Rafael does for me; as well, it will assist me when it comes to what my plans are for the company. The truth is, I have been wanting to step back a bit from my position; and I believe that this is the best way to do that, as it means that I will be able to leave someone else in charge of operations.

And that brings me to the next part of the e-mail, which is to describe just what parts of the company Mr. Solano will be taking over; and that would be the entire company, as he is going to be more in charge of the day-to-operations. Meanwhile, I am going to just be in charge of the vision of the company; and while I did consider taking the title of Chief Visionary Officer, I would rather continue in the office of Chief Executive Officer for legal reasons. Legal reasons related to the fact that I am the majority owner of the company, and I therefore believe that I am going to be staying at the top. Thanks again for understanding all of the changes that have happened lately, and I hope you continue to enjoy working for our company, while also staying safe and ensuring that you protect your families.

Sincerely,
Matthew Casey
Chairman and CEO, Casey
1 (800) 827-2938 x. 101

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Looking at the e-mail that he just wrote this morning, Matt took a breath as he knew that he shouldn't be working; but at the same time, he needed to make this announcement. And that was exactly what he was about to do, especially now that he was done reading the e-mail to Rafael. "What do you think of that?" Rafael laughed. "I think that the e-mail is perfect Matt, and it just shows off that you do not need a communications team." Matt snickered as he heard Rafael say that. "Listen, I was thinking though to keep my signature as Chairman and CEO instead of Chairman and co-CEO." Rafael agreed with Matt, understanding. "I think that sounds much better when you think about it. Plus, this is just temporary; you are going to be back to full-time Chairman and CEO in the future, I can see it."

"