Note to Readers

Hi Readers: Well, if that isn't a huge change. But now, before we continue with this story; I have decided that I am going to just give you an update as to what exactly this change means for the story, hope you guys like this new change.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello, my loyal readers:
I want to first thank you all for being so loyal when it comes to reading my stories. However, I can only imagine the shock that you now must be feeling when it comes to the decision that I have made; the decision to return to Chicago, rather than continue the story in Hawaii. And while I could explain it in a diary entry for Gabby, or in a chapter. I feel like I need to do it here. I want to write to you in my own words; and I want to give you a rational for what I am doing, so that you  can see where this story is going. Recently, I felt like this story is getting repetitive. We do swim, sex, kids napping, drama, fights, work, employee sex; and then repeat. And that's not what I want in this story, as I want to have more than just that in this story. And I most certainly do not want to give up on this story, due to the fact that I really like it. So, I have decided that I need to do some things in order to continue my story. And that's the following.

Return to Chicago: While there are opportunities, as well as many more storylines that I could very easily follow in Hawaii; I feel like it would really be best if I returned to where this story is set on TV, as it would also allow me to expand the possible storylines. The types of storylines that we all want, which include more people like Cruz, Boden, Herrmann, etc. Because I think that Herrmann would be a great addition to the storyline, especially since I already have some ideas for what could happen. But there is something that I can already guarantee is not going to happen. And that would be Matt returning to the Chicago Fire Department, as that is not going to happen due to the other storyline that will continue to happen; and that would be the storyline relating to his PTSD.

Dardens Return: And since Matt and Gabby are returning to Chicago, I have decided that I am going to bring the Darden Family back to Chicago as well; that way, I have the ability (in the future) to add in the TV storyline where Matt takes in the Darden boys again. However, it will not take place in Portland as Matt and Gabby are going to be staying in Chicago; because there are ideas I have.

What does it mean for the Staff in Hawaii? Just like the Los Angeles Staff, they will continue to be employed with the option to transfer to the Chicago Office in the future. But right now, we are just going to take it one step at a time and just make sure that everything is okay with the family before we get too far ahead of ourselves. Plus, we all know that we miss seeing more of Boden and Herrmann. However, there are a couple staff members who will definitely be joining us. And that would be Jacob Moore, Matt's personal assistant; as well as John Serhant, the representative of the Casey Legal team as they are both members of the board..

What does it mean for the Hawaii Office? The Office in Hawaii will continue to be an operating Casey Office, but it will be put under the supervision of Rafael Solano, whose title will change from the Principal Deputy Chief Executive Officer to Senior Executive Vice-President and Assistant Deputy Chief Executive Officer for the Hawaii Office. This title is similar to the title held by the head of the Los Angeles Office, David Isaacs, who is the Senior Executive Vice-President and Assistant Deputy Chief Executive Officer for the Los Angeles Office. However, they are both working from home at the moment due to the pandemic; something Matt will do as well.

What does it mean for their home in Hawaii? Well, as you know; Matt and Gabby have two homes in Hawaii. Their family home, as well as their penthouse. When it comes to the family home, Matt and Gabby have decided to sell it as they don't know when they're going to use it; and they would rather not have to pay a mortgage on that home, as it is mortgaged. Meanwhile, Matt and Gabby own their penthouse in Hawaii, so they are going to make it their Hawaii home if they ever need to visit (the home was purchased by Jane and Rafael in a private sale, just in case they ever want to return to Hawaii in the future). But we all know, they won't be.

What does it mean for Antonio? Well, I think we all know the answer to that question; and that would be that he's moving back to Chicago with his sister, so that he can stay with her. But that doesn't mean that he's going to be single, which is something that Gabby is happy about (as it means that Sylvie can't get her claws into him). And that's due to the fact that Antonio has recently proposed to Sascha after only three months of dating, because he can see a bright future with her; and he's glad that she decided to move to Chicago with them...along with the rest of their friends and family, including Jay and Alex Halstead.

Yes, Jay and Alex are moving back: Contrary to what they told Hank, Jay and Alex have also decided to move back to Chicago; well, not to where they used to live. Rather, they moved to the Woodlawn Area of Chicago, just south of the University of Chicago. Meanwhile, Matt and Gabby's place is in Wicker Park; just down the street from Molly's, which was done on purpose for takeout purposes.

Work from Home: Matt is not going to set up an office yet for Chicago, but that is going to be something that happens in the future; rather, he is just going to work from home for the time being so that he can keep his family safe. And that means his entire family, which is something that he's glad he has in Chicago; the entire family that he loves, and just wants to enjoy Chicago in forever.

Now, what do you say we get back to the story?