Lottie - The Crash

All around me were screams. The trees hitting the windows were scratchy and coarse. An oxygen mask covering my mouth and nose brought me back to life after my nap.

I was in and out of consciousness the whole way down due to my sleeping pill and anxiety. The only comfort I had while preparing for death was Lotties hand intertwined with mine.

I woke up with a shooting pain in my side and ringing in my ears. I heard a voice saying my name but it mostly came out as an echo. I went to grab my side that was aching but was stopped by a pair of hands grabbing onto mine.

My oxygen mask was yanked off of me as I began to feel the heat engulfing me. My surroundings quickly changed from red to green and my temperature from hot to numb.

I awoke on the ground, feeling grass tickle my legs. My head was elevated and hands were holding me. "Oh my god, you're okay." I heard as my eyes started opening. My view of the sky was obstructed by my girlfriend looking down at me.

Lottie helps me slowly sit up and my spinning head begins to stand still. "Ahhh fuckk" I moan when my senses come back and I feel a burning pain on my side. I hunch and go to grab my side when I'm stopped by Lottie. "Don't touch it. It'll be okay, I cleaned it and covered it already. " She told me.

I nodded my head as I take in my surroundings. The plane is destroyed and halfway burnt, people are injured and there's bloody tears everywhere.

I lean into Lottie and she wraps her arms gently around me. "Are you okay?" I ask softly. "Yeah, I'm fine, just worried about you." She answers. I nod and hold onto her arms, rubbing my thumbs back and forth.

"What happened? How long was I out?" I question. "I don't know honestly. The plane just went down. You were in and out for like 10 minutes once I got you out." She choked out. I looked up at her and noticed her watery eyes and stressed state. I move one hand to hold the side of her face and wipe her tears.

"I thought I lost you." She cried. "I'm okay, love. Don't worry, please. You can't get rid of me that easily."