Ellie - Injury (Tlou)

REQUEST

That was probably the worst patrol I've ever been on. Dina and I ran into some infected and had to deal with them the hard way. Neither of us got bit, thank God. But I got scratched up and bruised bad.

I hobbled up the steps to the house my girlfriend and I share. I fixed the strap of my bag over my shoulder as I open the door. "Finally, I missed you." I hear Ellie shout from the kitchen.

I close the door behind me and drop my bag to the floor. Ellie came into the living room, where I am, when I didn't answer her hello. "Hey, babe. Are you okay?" She asked entering the room.

I don't say anything, just shake my head no. Ellie runs over to me, engulfing me in a caring hug. My arms drape around her neck as hers hug my waist. We stay there for a few minutes, only moving so Ellie could pick me up.

She holds onto the back of my thighs as they hug her waist. My arms still tight around her neck, she caries me from the living room into the kitchen. She gently sets me down on a dining chair, before turning the chair so I face into the kitchen.

I watch El as she gets a clean rag from a drawer and gets it wet in the sink. "How was patrol?" She asks as she rings out the rag. "Fucking tiring." I mumble. Ellie walks over to me, kneeling down in-between my legs. She uses the damp rag to wipe blood stains off of my face and hands.

"Is there blood anywhere else?" She asks. I nod my head before peeling my sweaty shirt off of my chest. Ellie doesn't say anything, as she takes in the sight. Scratches and bruises litter my collar bone and ribs.

"God, baby." She sighs, bringing the rag to my skin. I jerk a little whenever she rubs it over an open scrape, making her apologies and start using softer movements. "We ran into a mob of runners." I tell her.

"You didn't get bit, did you?" She asks frantically. I shake my head no saying, "No. Dina and I are safe, just banged up." Ellie nods her head. "That's good."

Ellie finished cleaning me up quickly, then tossed the bloody rag and my sweaty shirt in the sink. "C'mon." She said. holding out her hand. I intertwine or fingers, slowly standing up from the chair.

She leads me to our shared bedroom, having me sit at end of the bed. She grabs one of her T-shirts from our closet and a pair of sleep shorts from my side of the dresser.

"Up." She said, fixing the shirt in her hands. I put my arms up, letting her slip on the big shirt. I kick my shoes and socks off, not caring where they end up.

El has be stand up, holding onto her shoulders. She slips the shorts onto my legs, one at a time. I finish pulling them up and getting them situated around my waist.

Elle walks me over to my side of the bed, pulling the sheets and blankets back. I crawl in, bringing her with me by the hand. We roll around and get comfortable for a few minutes. I ended up with my head on her chest, and our legs tangled together.

"You feeling a little better?" She asks, kissing my forhead. "Yeah, I'll be even better after some sleep." I tell her. "Thank you for taking care of me." I say. "Any time, princess."