Ellie - In The Morning (Tlou)

"What are you doing?" Ellie asks as she enters my room. I'm packing my suitcase, getting ready to move out. I stay silent though, worried my voice will break if I try to talk to her. "Are you leaving?" She asks sadly. I nod my head, closing my suitcase.

"I'm leaving in the morning." I turn to her, a single tear falling down my cheek. "Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" Ellie asks, taking a couple steps towards me. "No. I made up my mind." I tell her. "I uhm, I'm sorry." She stutters, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"I know, you've said that." I cross my arms over my chest. "Dina and I are over, just so you know." Sha says quietly. "Doesn't change the fact that you fucked her while we were dating." I tell her, another tear rolling down my cheek. "I know, baby." She mumbles.

"Don't call me that." I snap, walking past her to the door. "I still love you." She says quickly, turning to watch me walk out the door. "I don't believe you." I tell her, stopping in the doorway. "How can I make you believe me?" She holds back tears.

"I don't fucking know, Ellie! Build a time machine and go back to before you cheated on me. And then don't, okay? That's what you can do!" I yell. "You're leaving in the morning?" She checks. I nod my head, crossing my arms. "Do you care about me still? At all?" She asks, walking towards me.

"I don't know." I sigh, shrugging my shoulders. "Can we check?" She asks, stopping to stand right on front of me. "No, El. I don't want to fucking care about you. I want to hate you with every bone on my body." I tell her. "Please." She mumbles, taking my face her hands.

"No." I snap, yanking her hands away from me. I turn around, storming out of the room. "So we're not even gonna try to fix this?" She yells. "You're the one who broke it! Don't fucking yell at me!" I yell back. I run down the stairs into the kitchen. Ellie didn't follow me so I felt comfortable cooling off in the dining room.

I sat down at the table, staring off into nothing. After a while, I hear the creak of the stairs. "I'm sorry." Ellie says, standing just inside the dining room. "Stop saying that." I whisper, wiping a tear that escaped my eye. "But it's true." She says, walking closer to me.

"I don't give a shit." I almost laugh. I stand up, walking to be right in front of her. "I hate you, Ellie. I'm leaving in the morning." I say, walking right past her, and this time she didn't try to fight for me.