Jackie - Cold

REQUEST

"So, how are you and Jackie?" Nat asks me as we walk through the woods. I laugh and ask, "How are you and Travis?"

Nat laughs sarcastically and tells me, "Nowhere near as good as you and Jackie."

Nat and I have been the designated hunters. This hunting trip was unsuccessful, and it was getting late, so we're heading back to the cabin.

"The fucks she doing out here?" Nat asks as we come out of the woods. I look up and notice Jackie sitting by the fire pit, trying to start a fire.

"I'll see, go ahead and go in." I tell Nat. She nods her head and goes inside as I make my way to Jackie.

"Hey, love." I say as I approach her. "Hey." She smiles. The poor thing is freezing and couldn't even start a fire.

"What are you doing out here? It's cold as fuck." I ask as I sit beside her. "Shauna and I got in a fight. Basically kicked me out." She sort of laughed.

"What was the fight about?" I ask. "I don't want to talk about it." She says, trying not to cry. I put my arm around her, pulling her to rest her head on my shoulder.

"Were you planning on sleeping out here?" I ask her. She nods her against me. "Okay, J. Come on." I say standing up. "Where are we going?" She asks.

"To cuddle and get warm." I tell her, holding my hand out for her to use to stand up. "Babe, I can't go back in there." She says sadly.

"We're not, J." I say and push my hand closer to her. She sighs and takes my hand, letting me help her up. I walk her over to the meat shed, letting her go in before me.

She sits down in the corner, wrapping herself in her jacket as I started a fire in the middle of the room. I got her to sit closer to the fire, and I sat beside her.

"Thank you." She whispers to me. "Anything for you, J." I whisper back. She smiles and tells me, "I love you." I give her a kiss on her temple and say, "I love you more."

We eventually fell asleep, cuddled next to eachother on the floor by the fire. The next morning, I woke up before her. I noticed a white sheet outside the shed.

I open the door, seeing a thick layer of snow covering the ground. The cabin door flys open, Shauna sprinting out yelling Jackies name.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I say and close the door behind me, trying to let Jackie sleep longer. "Where is she? Is she okay?" Shauna asks me, almost in tears.

"She fine! No thanks to you. You're her bestfriend, why would you kick her out? If it weren't for me she probably would have frozen to death out here." I angerly say.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. We had a fight, I regret it so much." Shauna cried. "Okay. Well, she's still sleeping so." I tell her.

"Oh, okay. Will you tell her I want to talk when she wakes up?" She asks. "Yeah, sure."

Shauna goes back on the cabin, and I go back into the meat shed. "How long have you been awake?" Jackie asks me half awake. "Not long, I was talking to Shauna." I tell her.

I sat on the ground beside her as she sat up from her position on the floor. "About what?" She asks. "You. She wants to talk to you when you're ready." I told her.

"Okay. Well, I'm not ready to get up yet." She said before leaning in and connecting our lips. "Me neither." I mumble against her before kissing her again.