6 - Satin Touch

~ 3 days later ~

I had spent the last three days training and hanging out with Lucy. Ghost never once crossed my path. Was he avoiding me?

Whatever, I don't care.

I had just come back from lunch and entered my room to see a box waiting on my desk. I walk over and inspected the note left behind.

"Wear this. Look your best. Pickup at 17:00." I muttered, looking down at the time. It was 16:30. Why does this always happen to me?

Do these men not realise it takes way longer than 30 minutes to look my best? Thank gracious I had a shower just before I left for lunch.

Without a second to spare, I started with my hair and makeup. My hair was decorated with braids but left flowing for the most part but my makeup was lacking. I was never the best at application but deeply admired the woman who were so talented in this area, because I was not one of them.

Despite this, I managed to paint my lips a rouge colour and fix up my eyes with nude eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and mascara. These steps took me longer than it should have.

Finally, I opened the box to reveal a spaghetti strap black satin dress that had a high slit amongst the side. It was paired with shiny black stilettos. I grimaced at the thought of my feet aching later on.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I changed my bra to a nude strapless one and pulled on the dress, careful not to ruin my makeup.

Just as I was fixing the straps of my dress, a knock was heard at the door. "Come in!" I yelled, grabbing my heels and sitting on my bed. The figure that entered my room was none other than Ghost.

"Soldier." He muttered, grasping tightly onto the assault rifle in his hands. I could feel his eyes crawl all over me as I struggled to clasp one of my heels in place.

It felt evasive. The look in his eyes screamed hunger, mine curiosity. Both his hands fell off the gun, letting it hang as he walked over towards me.

I looked up to meet the devil in his eyes. He was a man of few words, and the ones that came out of his mouth were always unpleasant.

He kissed his teeth in disapproval and bent down, one knee falling to the ground. Now he could really see all of me.

My bare legs that were on display, the silhouette of my body, the way my hair cascaded. I gripped the sheets lightly to steady myself as his eyes drew on my shoes.

"Was this dress necessary, Sir? I fear my combat is severely limited." I asked, feeling goosebumps as his hand carefully grasped my ankle. He allowed my question to linger in the air for a moment as he clasped my heel strap.

"The dress was custom made to Starke's liking." He spoke, his hand lightly letting go of my ankle. Hell, I already missed his touch. "You're late, again. Let's go." He grumbled before standing up and leaving my room.

I stared as I watched him go. A custom made dress? They really pulled out all the stops. Letting out a deep breath, I stood up and fixed my dress before following along.

It took me a while to get used to walking in heels again, after all, I'm not a lady of fine dining. But the dress was most uncomfortable. Performing a high kick would flash everyone in a 10 mile radius. I really had to rely on my good looks and quick charm for this mission.

Ghost grunted and stopped walking, and I crashed straight into the back of him. "What the fuck.." I mumbled, rubbing my head and looking up. Then my eyes widened. There was a foundation stamp on the back of his uniform.

Really? The one time I decide to test out a new product... I held my tongue and kept silent. He did not need to know. "Why'd we stop?"

"There's weapons in the room. You shouldn't have a problem but take this." He spoke, turning around and placing an earbud in my hand. "We'll all be able to hear and speak to eachother through these comms."

I nodded and slipped the piece into my ear. It fit perfectly and seemed undetectable. "Will everyone hear?" I asked again.

"I have the controls. Unnecessary sounds will not be played through." He clarified before turning around to start walking again.

I followed suit but couldn't help but smile at the imprint on his back. It wasn't a huge mark, but one somebody could notice if they were behind him.