22 - Midnight Mess

~ The Next Day ~

We were all prepped and ready for this mission.

By we, I meant Ghost and I. It needed to be a smooth extraction, a quick in and out. A two man job.

Well. Man and woman.

We had driven to the club, already familiar with it all. The lights were off and the street was empty. All looked good so far for it being night time.

I got out my lock pick, ready to break through the door but twisted the handle on instinct.

Strange.

It opened.

I looked up at Ghost, but he just shrugged and took out his gun. I sighed quietly and nodded along, following suit.

We remained quiet and entered the club, those ugly paintings greeting us on the way in.

Ghost motioned for me the check the left side of the club and he'll check the right, where the office was. The last thing we wanted was someone stumbling in on our work.

I opened each door slowly, every single one being empty. But then I heard some small commotion from the last one.

Carefully, I creaked the door open, and then blasted through it, holding my gun up. "Don't move!"

All the girls who worked at the club were in there, surrounding one girl who had tears staining her face and blood pouring from her arm.

They were all terrified. Moreso at the sight of me.

"Shimmer...?" I questioned, pulling my mask down. "What happened?"

"Y-You! The lady from last week? Are you here to kill us?" She looked panicked, her hands stained in blood.

"N-No.. Its confidential." I sighed heavily, closing the door behind me and holstering my gun. "You guys are in no danger. But what happened here?" I reassured, crouching down next to Shimmer.

"The Boss. He pulled a knife a-and.." She frowned, looking over at the girl who was now passed out from shock and blood loss.

"Okay. I'm going to need gauze or bandages. Something!" I instructed, inspecting the wound. It was deep, and drenched in blood. The woman had lost all the colour in her face, despite the smudged rosiness of her blush. She was in terrible shape and would need stitches.

But I couldn't do that, no. That took time, a luxury I didn't have.

"We have a first aid kit!" One of the girls said, approaching and handing it to me. I rummaged through it and managed to find what I needed.

After cleaning the wound to the best of my ability, I ordered the girls to help me wrap the bandages and apply pressure.

"W-were you here to kill the boss?" Shimmer questioned, keeping her hands steady on the bandages.

"No. We're here to seize something valuable." I corrected. "Keep the pressure here. You all need to leave. Take her to the hospital. Quickly!" I urged, getting up and pulling out my gun once more.

I was now covered in blood, I looked like someone who just survived a battlefield. Something these women were having to fight on everyday.

"Valuable? It'll be in the safe! The c-code! It's 3223!" She informed me, helping her girls pick up the unfortunate victim and leave out the back door.

I ensured that they left the club safely before actually remembering what I was there for. "Right." I mumbled to myself before leaving that room.

I made my way to where Ghost should be. The office.

Still on my guard, I walked down the corridor and heard a scuffle, catching a man in the corner of my eye entering the office. Quickly, I rushed down the corridor to see the man holding a gun. Before he could even attempt to fire, I didn't stop running and went straight at him with full speed.

Obviously, it wasn't enough force to tackle him down, but more than enough to make him stumble so I could shoot him first. Right in the chest. And he knocked straight down.

I couldn't even catch my breath because I turned into the office and saw Ghost reverse a chokehold and snap the guard's neck with ease.

"Where you been?" He huffed, going over to the safe that was exposed on the wall.

"I ran into an issue." I mumbled, following him.

He looked back, noticing the state I was in. Immediately, he rushed over to me, leaving the key in the hole and grabbing me by the shoulders tightly.

"Your blood? Are you hurt?" He growled with concern.

I shook my head. "None of it is mine. I'm not injured." I assured. He took a moment to look me over, scanning for any possibility of an injury.

But he seemed content with the way he walked back to the safe and opened it. "Hm?" He seemed puzzled.

"What is it?" I asked, walking up to him.

"It's a word. Dolphin?" He muttered, showing me the paper scrap.

It literally just had 'dolphin' written on it.

"Wait. Did you use a key?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

I thought for a moment. Shimmer gave a code. Why did Ghost have a key?

"Wait! The corridor!" I remembered, now it clicked. Those horrendous paintings at the front. One had an odd looking dolphin painted on it.

"It's hidden-" I started but then a siren blasted through the club. Shit.

Both our eyes went wide.

"We need to leave!" Ghost yelled over the screeching noise.

I shook my head and grabbed his hand, pulling on it as we ran to the entrance of the club.

He was heavily confused, but I couldn't tell him the information, not with the overpowering sound.

Once locating the huge painting of the weird looking dolphin, I attempted to take it off the wall. Ghost quickly caught on to what I was doing and helped, easily stripping the wall bare and exposing the safe behind it.

I punched in the code and it opened with a click, revealing black duffle bags, outlining the shape of heavy Artillery. We grabbed the bags and made a run for it, the siren practically making our ears bleed.