81 - Approval

TW - soft play

Ghost and Jay had disappeared into his home office, deeming the kitchen didn't have privacy since it was open plan. However, they had been gone for a while now. Lynn and I were just catching up. I was telling her alot about Ghost and my life on base. She couldn't hide her worry and concern, but that was natural, she was happy that I was happy though.

"Maybe we should call them in? I don't know about you but I'm starving!" Lynn suggested, looking over at the table set up.

"We should." I nodded, standing up. "Go on ahead and sit, I'll get the men." I smiled, walking over to the office and opening the door. "Lieutenant? Uncle? What have you-" I paused, seeing them both inspect Jay's phone each holding a glass of whiskey in their hands. "Really? We haven't even had dinner yet." I sighed.

"He's got fine taste in whiskey pet! I mean 15 years old bourbon whiskey?! It's magnificent! I couldnt resist." Jay chuckled, putting his phone away. "I was just showing him pictures of you in elementary, after you had that fight with Tony Dennings, you really showed him!"

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, my first couple of stitches, but it was his first broken bone so I can't complain." I pondered, but quickly snapped out of it. "We're serving dinner, we need your expertise, Lieutenant." I teased.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded, beckoning Jay to walk first.

"Am I okay to-?" He spoke, gesturing to his glass.

"Of course, I'll bring the bottle." Ghost smiled, picking it up alongside his crutch and walking out after Jay.

Once Jay was settled at the table, Ghost and I went to the kitchen to warm up the meal. "You two hitting it off?" I asked curiously.

"We are." He answered simply but seemingly proud of himself. "Although he was quite unhappy that I asked for Price's permission instead of his." He added.

"Permission for what?" I asked in confusion.

"Permission to marry you, kitten." He spoke. "But he understood since we hadn't met. I've his permission now." He mumbled.

"And if you didn't?" I taunted.

"Oh kitten, we both know what I ask for, I get." He retorted, leaning over and kissing me on the forehead. "Take the risotto, I'll carry in the chicken picatta."

I nodded and picked up the pot, carrying it over and placing it on the table. "For the lady." I smiled, unveiling the risotto as Ghost placed the chicken on the table.

"A vegetable risotto for me? Now who's magic hand made these because I know it wasn't yours." Lynn teased.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, taking a seat. "You're right. It wasn't me. Simon made it all, but I did clean up after. That must count for something."

"It counts. Partially." Jay laughed.

"Well, let's say grace. Oh, are you religious, Simon?" Lynn asked.

"Not particularly." He answered.

"You can sit out if you'd like, Y/n has her own beliefs too. But we'd never force you to partake in ours." Lynn smiled, holding onto my hand and taking Jay's in hers.

"I'll participate." Ghost nodded, taking my hand, then holding onto Jay's.

Lynn and Jay muttered their prayers under their breath before letting go. However Ghost stayed holding my hand, for comfort, running his finger over my ring.

"Lets get stuck in!" Lynn said happily, pouring the risotto onto her tray.

After a long dinner of chatting answered exchanging stories, it was safe to say the food and conversations were a hit. But Lynn and Jay's drive was a long one, and they were ready to head to bed.

We said our goodnight and headed off into our own rooms. The moment Ghost closed the door and locked it, he gave me that look. A look that only spoke trouble.

"Give me a minute." I grumbled, sitting down on the bed with a huge sigh, untying my boots and pulling them off.

Ghost nodded and took out a cigarette from his pocket, lighting it. "Mm." He started, blowing out smoke. "Need some help? You're taking your time." He offered with a smirk.

"Stay over there." I warned, stripping out of my clothes until I was only in my panties. "Today is finally over." I sighed heavily, moving to lie down with a huff.

"Finally." He repeated, moving to sit down, pressing the cigarette between his lips as he lifted my legs up and sat down, placing my feet on his lap. "But it went well, do you agree?"

"I do." I smiled. "First time meeting parents? Took you some time to understand the task at hand, Lieutenant. " I teased.

He nodded slowly, blowing smoke as one hand went to massage my ankle. "It was. And it was pleasant to have a mundane conversation with non-militants." He smiled a little. "But it was also their first time, right?"

"Right. So they have nothing to compare it to." I grinned. "They like you. We'll be invited to a lot of family gatherings soon enough."

"And We'll be expected to attend?"

I nodded.

"All of them?"

I nodded once more.

Ghost sighed quietly. "Anything for you, kitten." He mumbled, tilting his head towards the bedside table.

I leaned over and rummaged through the drawer, taking out his ashtray and handing it to him. "Will you come with me to see Anastasia tomorrow? They're pushing for a verdict. I need to see her before I decide." I asked.

Ghost looked at me, flicking the ash of his cigarette. "I can. I'll just need to move some things around." He answered before taking one last puff and putting it out. "We still uh.. we still need to find Melnyk." He sighed.

"What?" I questioned, sitting up quickly. "What do you mean? Did we not kill him in Russia?"

"We didn't. He escaped. But he was in a bad way. But you know, no body no death confirmation." He spoke quietly, patting my leg lightly.

I lifted my legs so he could move. "It's fine. We'll figure it out. We always do." I mumbled, lying back down.

"We do." He nodded, standing up and taking off his clothes so he was just in his boxers before lying down beside me. Instantly, he turned me on my side and wrapped his arms around me, pulling my back close to his chest.

Slowly, I could feel his hand edging closer to my breast. I shifted slightly, causing him to stop. "No funny business." I scolded.

"Not even after you did so well today?" He smirked, his fingers crawling against my skin until his hand groped my breast, massaging it gently.  "I think you deserve a reward for it."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself against his advances. "I think you're talking about yourself here." I mumbled, placing my hand over his. "We're not fucking while my parents are sleeping in the other room."

"I was. You are my reward. But I understand why you hesitate." He nodded, moving his arm to wrap around my waist instead as his hand lied against my stomach. "Just means I get to have you for longer tomorrow." He added, leaning closer to leave kisses against my neck.

I turn my head back to him with a smile, pecking his lips multiple times. "I'll agree to it, for now. Let's just get our rest, the days are getting busier."

"They are." He agreed, nuzzling into my neck. "We'll get our weeks sleep into tonight then." He grinned against my skin.

"That we will." I sighed.