62 - Rough House

"How did he do it?!" I yelled.

"I don't know, Y/n! I don't know." Price sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair.

It was just Price and I in his office. Ghost had business to take care of. Which most likely meant he was really taking the lead on getting Natasha back and eliminating Melnyk before he caused any more damage.

"So you're telling me whilst we were being held captive in our own home, he then was able to take Sokolov from a highly secure facility?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"Anton Melnyk is dangerous. Its why they had an agreement. His capabilities are unmatched by most." Price commented, taking a seat.

"This agreement. What was it?" I asked.

"Anton Melnyk was captured and held in an Ukranian prison, the same as the Lieutenant. Both equally dangerous, they came to an agreement to not cross eachother's path, not to get in eachother's way." He explained, typing away at his computer.

"So why now? How is Natasha precious to him?" I knew Natasha wasn't dating him, she tried to make an advance on Ghost after all.

"We employed the Lieutenant from Ukraine, Melnyk became a bounty hunter for hire. We can only assume he is doing the dirty work of Anastasia Stepanov. And finally, under the worst circumstances, they have crossed paths." Price took a deep breath. "Go to Angelina, we need to gear up for a fight. And heighten security."

"Copy that." I muttered, standing up and leaving the office.

I managed to find Angelina out in the garden, smoking a cigarette.

"Ah, Y/n, long time no see. Come, sit." She smiled, parting the space beside her on the bench.

"It's been two days." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Yes. Long time." She answered. "What brings you here, agent?"

"I've been meaning to check up on you. See how you're settling in.." I started. "And I'll be accompanying you today."

"Accompanying me? I suppose that would be nice. I have grown tired of sleeping in Konig's bed. I'm sure he never wants to sleep on his couch again." She laughed, putting out her cigarette. "As for I, I heard that a certain role in Diplomatics will be open soon." She smirked, linking arms with me before standing up.

"How do you know?" I questioned. What happened with Natasha wasn't common knowledge.

"I'm an informant. And even better at Relations. So I count on your vote of confidence." She smiled, walking alongside me.

I led her back to the apartment. Most of her clothes were in the guest bedroom anyway so it would only make sense to continue her stay at our home until she found a permanent residence.

Ghost was nowhere to be seen. In fact, I hadn't heard from him in a while. But it's what he does when he's focused and I didn't really fancy sitting in his office and watching him work today.

Angelina and I talked for hours on the couch, speaking about various topics. I learnt a lot about her and vice versa. It was nice to get to know her, and her time with Ghost. It made me feel more at ease.

In fact, we both lost track of time and it was well into the night, still no word from Ghost. That was until I heard my phone go off. I pick it up and noticed it was a private number.

"Agent Y/l/n speaking." I answered.

"Y/n! Where are you right now?" Lucy spoke in urgency.

"Luce? Why are you calling on this number?" I asked in return.