49 - Racks and Bags

I spent hours. Hours driving her places, buying shit and carrying said shit. This was no stakeout or recon. We were running errands. We barely spoke, only the 'let's go here' or 'what's over there'. But I was perfectly content with that. We didn't need to be friends. As long as we didn't want to kill each other, I'd say this mission would be a success.

Our last destination landed us in the shopping mall cafeteria, surrounded by numerous shopping bags. Angelina had stepped out for a second to take a call, but she remained in line of sight due to my orders. I doubt she'd try to run away since I was under the impression she was helping willingly, but you could never be too careful.

"An opportunity has arisen. We should pursue." She spoke, returning to the table.

My mouth was stuffed with food, and I quickly swallowed. "Hm? Opportunity? Regarding what?" I questioned.

"Your rat infestation." She answered simply.

"Okay... you've got a lead. We'll run it by the boss and get it running." I started picking up my phone to call Price. But she grabbed my hand, shaking my head.

"Nyet. Nobody can know. If your rat is alerted, then we lose our opportunity." She said lowly.

I hated to admit it, but Angelina was right. If I told Price it would go on the system, and with zero idea on who the rat was, they could have the clearance to see. It had been 4 long months of lying low. This rat has caused so much chaos from almost getting me raped and killed on multiple occasions, putting me out of commission, thwarting all mission statuses, killing soldiers, and getting Ghost sent away. It's shocking that nothing has been done so far. Our race to put the Mafia Syndicate down was diminishing.

"Okay. Let's go." I mumbled, standing up.

"We can't go. Not like this." She spoke in half disgust.

I then found out it was a fancy ass auction that we would be attending. So we needed dresses and shoes. According to Angelina, the auction recquired masks, so that meant very little makeup and less headache for me.

We went into the nearest store that stocked gowns and got to shopping. I gravitated towards an offshoulder navy blue sequin gown, but Angelina immediately snatched it out of my hands.

"Hey!" I yelled, furrowing my eyebrows as a disappointed look spanned her face.

"This. No." She spoke, putting the dress back and handing me a dress that looked like it had holes everywhere. "Try this on." She assured.

I held it up. "Where's the dress?" I grumbled at the lack of fabric. But she wasn't going to let me leave unless I tried it on, that much I knew. So I went into the changing room and tried it on, walking out to show her and look in the mirror.

It was a glittery purple dress that had a cut-out waist and just about covered my tits and showed off whatever cleavage i had. It's definitely the most promiscuous dress I've worn, something I'd never pick out myself and choose to wear.

"Da! This is the dress!" She grabbed, sporting a very low-cut baby pink sparkly gown that had a thigh-high slit in it.

I looked over at her with a sigh. "Is this all necessary?" I sighed, crossing my arms, already feeling uncomfortable.

"It is a must." She said confidently, placing a masquerade mask on me and applying a rich coloured lipstick. I then put on my heels on, which were also glittery, but the straps snaked up my ankles. This would be extremely difficult to fight in but not impossible. The good thing was I could wear my thigh strap with my knives without it being noticed. Just in case.

~ The Drive ~

"So, walk me through it. What's the play?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road as we approached our destination.