79 - Broken Sex

TW - NSFW

We both went back into our apartment to be met with all the Teddy bears and chocolate awaiting my arrival once again.

"Did my aunt and uncle come to visit?" I asked curiously, walking over to the stack of chocolate boxes.

"They did. With Price." He answered bluntly, watching my movements.

"Did you meet them?" I opened a box of chocolates, eating bits and pieces.

He hesitated. "..no. I couldn't." He mumbled.

"What happened was not your fault, Simon. It was mine." I sighed, looking back at him. "So don't guilt yourself into thinking otherwise."

"I was the lead, kitten. It was my responsibility." He muttered, walking ahead into the bedroom.

"How could you have known?!" I yelled after him. "I decided to go after Sokolov! Not you!" I sighed heavily, slamming the door shut. "And I almost got us killed! Not you!" I took a deep breath.

"I should have called it! I fucked up." He sighed heavily, sitting down at the side of our bed.

"Don't bullshit me, Simon." I frowned. "Look at me.. I-I did this." I scoffed, gesturing to my eye. "I can't even look at myself in the fucking mirror! But you? What they did to you? If I s-saw..." I struggled, feeling my throat burn.

Ghost watched my eye tear up before calming himself down. "Come here." He instructed, opening his legs and patting the space in between his legs. "Now." He warned.

I nodded and approached him slowly. He turned me around, sitting me down against his chest so I was facing the mirror. "Do you trust me?" He whispered into my ear lightly.

"I do.." I mumbled, watching as he held my bandaged arm out.

"Have you seen it yet?" He asked lowly, dragging a finger up the ridge until he found the tape.

I shook my head.

"Then we'll take a look together. May I?" He spoke softly to which I nodded, watching him tug the tape off the bandage and proceed to unwrap it. As the bandage grew in his hand, so did my nerves.

"What if it looks ugly?" I questioned, looking up at him.

"You'll still be beautiful." He answered bluntly, focused on not hurting my arm.

After a moment, he had unwrapped the bandage and I quickly looked away, awaiting his reaction.

"Mm. Looks knarly." He mumbled. I swung my head back around in shock.

"You can't say that!" I yelled with a pout.

Ghost chuckled, gesturing his head at the mirror. "Take a look, kitten." He smiled. I turned my eye to the mirror and held my arm out before looking down at it.

The skin was red and swollen, charred in other places. It did look pretty knarly.

Ghost noticed the disturbed look on my face and tilted his head down to get a better look at it. "Hm. It looks just like mine though."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I laughed a little. He looked dumbfounded, reaching to cup my face and turn me back to look at him.

"Maybe, maybe not. Look. Right now it's healing, and once it's healed you'll be left with one sexy scar and a hell of a story to tell." He explained, stroking his thumb against my lip.

"But it looks ugly now, right?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah... pretty ugly." He spoke, my mouth dropping for a moment before he started laughing. "It looks fine, kitten. You look fine." He reassured, leaning down to kiss me on the lips.