14 - Shopping Spree

TW - fluff

"Where to next?" Ghost asked, wheeling me back into the centre of the mall.

I looked down at my watch, we still had a little time to kill. "Eager or bored, L.T?" I teased with a small smirk before pointing at a clothing store. "I need a new outfit."

"Why? We live in our uniforms." He grumbled, but complied with my request, strolling me through the doors.

From there I directed him left and right, practically going in circles around the place as I searched for more appropriate clothing as summer was fast approaching.

Finally, I settled on another skirt and a pair of cargo trousers for comfortable wear. I handed them to Ghost before being wheeled over to the accessory section.

"Oh my God.. look at that." I smiled, leaning up from my seat to grab a black beanie, decorated with red flames. "This is nice." I mumbled, handing it Ghost. One thing I noticed was his hat was rugged and crummy, to say the least. It definitely had been through some hard times, and many washes.

"Hm." Was all that came out of his mouth as he took it from my hand.

"Try it on! I'm sure it'll look great." To be honest, anything would probably look better than his beaten washed out black beanie that he was wearing currently.

With a sigh, he pulled his hat off, revealing the a deep shade of bronde. His hair was short, like he had a grown out buzzcut, probably due to his constant wear of a hat. Still, I had to prevent myself from reaching up to touch what little locks he had.

Within a second, he put on the hat. "It's good." He muttered, quickly switching it back out for his original.

"Good. I'm glad. I need to go try those on." I gestured towards the clothes that were draped over his shoulder. With a small nod, he wheeled me over  to an empty changing room. He hung up the clothes for me inside before closing the curtain.

"I won't be long!" I called out, sitting down on the bench and pulling off my skirt. There was no doubt that he looked like a bodyguard, standing outside the dressing room.

First, I tried on the skirt which was a dark red colour and extremely breathable. Something I could wear for a nice day out but easy to fight in if the situation called for it. Secondly, I attempted to pull the cargo trousers on.

But then my legs failed me. I stumbled back onto the bench, heaving. "W-what the fuck.." I grumbled, clutching my chest. When will this shit be over?

"Everything okay in there?" Ghost asked.

"I'm gonna need your help, but... close your eyes and come in." I answered. I heard him kissing his teeth before the curtain was drawn slightly so he could slip in. And as I requested, his eyes were closed.

"Hold your arms out." I instructed and he did it without hesitation.

With a small smile, I stood up and quickly grabbed onto his arms to steady myself. He didn't even flinch. Carefully, I moved him hands to my waist. Now he flinched.

"Hold on tight." I mumbled and I felt his hands squeeze my waist ever so slightly. Like I was fragile. His touch felt like it was burning through the fabric of my top. How I wanted him to hold me, but with yearning. Not because I told him to. But his grip was sufficient enough for me to pull the cargos up fully.

Then I shimmied around, ensuring he didn't let go of me, to look in the mirror. "Oo, I like this." I said, low-key checking myself out in the mirror. The that wasn't the only thing I was checking out.

Ghost's grip was as strong as ever on my waist. Unfaltering. The way he towered over me, looked so muscular behind me, his hands decorating my hips like a bejewelled belt. There was only inches between his body and mine, yet he remained so still and composed.

I looked up at his eyes in the mirror, seeing them slowly open.

"Think I should get it?" I asked, my checks clearly a deep shade of red, matching the skirt I was about to buy.

"Mhm." His grip tightened slightly, pressing his fingers deeper into my skin.

"I guess I will then.." I mumbled, turning back around to face him. "Close your eyes!!" I whisper yelled with a small smirk, almost in a teasing manner.

"Yes Ma'am." And with that his eyes closed.

I unzipped the cargos, the sound cutting the silence like a knife. Then there was the sound of shuffling fabric as I pulled them down.

"You can let go now." Please don't let go.

He let go.

I moved to sit back down on the bench and pulled on my original skirt, folding up the clothes I wanted to buy. "You can open your eyes now."

Ghost turned around and drew the curtains, like I had given him the greenlight to do so. He pulled the wheelchair in and I sat back down with a small sigh. As much as it felt great getting the rest I needed, using this wheelchair... waiting for the feeling in my legs to return.

I felt like a hindrance.

But the good news is I could feel myself getting better. It had to be only a matter of hours now before I could stand up confidently without any assistance.