77 - Final Cut

TW - gore/torture

"Now if you know what's good for you, you won't move. Or she will get double the pain next." Anastasia warned, signalling the guards to hold his arms.

I was tense, eyes locked on him. But his eyes refused to meet my gaze. My whole left arm was numb, but I reached for the ring with my torn thumb, rolling the band with my finger.

The guards held onto him tightly, but he didn't even flinch, hearing the sound of the torch turn on. His body was already scarred, but nothing like what this was about to bring. Anastasia held the torch closer and closer to his skin, the heat growing stronger until it caught his skin.

Ghost hissed from the pain, pulling on instinct which the guards had the hold back. The blood spilled from his chest as it was burnt open, the flesh boiling.

"S-stop..." I pleaded quietly, my breath becoming more hitched as I watched. But she didn't stop. It only encouraged her further, holding the torch closer until Ghost grunted, letting out a low yell.

"Please! Stop!" I shouted, pulling on the cuffs. It was horrible, I couldn't watch.

"You want me to stop? Beg some more!" Anastasia grinned, continuing the torment on his skin. Ghost shook his head frantically. "D-Don't.." He groaned.

"Stop this madness! I-I'll do anything! Just stop! Leave him out of this!" I cried out, tears spilling from my eyes.

Anastasia stopped the torch as Ghost hung his head low. "How touching." She mumbled, grabbing his chin lightly and lifting his head up to look at her. "Your wife just saved you. Or did she?" She pondered, letting go as he hissed through his teeth, biting back his words.

The ring felt warm against my finger. I couldn't tell whether it was the metal or the blood rush. But it provided minimal comfort. Something to keep me going.

"You'll do anything? You have bigger balls than your husband. I've not seen this before. Igor have you seen this before?"

"Nyet."

"I know who fucks in the relationship now." She laughed. "And something tells me you'll be a good fuck too. Get your hands on Angelina yet?" She smirked, picking up a scalpel from the floor.

"W-what...?" I asked hoarsely.

"She betrayed her post. Got picked up by your husband. If she wasn't blood she'd be more than dead." Anastasia snarled. "But she's protected herself well with the information she's gathered, and given to you. That massacre at the auction." She informed, moving closer to me. "Your eyes hold last moments of faces that don't belong to you. They belong to me, and the families of those you have taken." She spoke slowly, twisting the scalpel in her hand.

Now I was panicking. Watching her toy with the scalpel.

"D-Dont touch her.." Ghost grunted, struggling to break away from the guards grip.

I traced over the ring. "I-It's fine. I have no regrets." I reassured, feeling a  grooved mechanism against the ring.

What the fuck is that? Surely it wasn't a misdesign.

"Oh you will." Anastasia spoke, lifting the scalpel to my eye.

Slowly, she plunged it in, my blood curdling cries filling the room. On instinct I flipped the mechanism on and off.

"FUUUUCK!" Anastasia screamed, stumbling back and dropping the scalpel.

Ghost immediately undercut the guards and took them out, throwing one of their knives at the button to release my cuffs. With a click, I  was able to crawl off the chair, running on pure adrenaline.