30 - Power Hungry

Tw - NSFW

I spent the rest of the day locked in my room. Food was delivered to my door at my request. I used my cast as an excuse but really, I didn't want to face anyone. The more time that past, the more guilty I felt about what I said.

It was reaching midnight. I had just exited the shower and gotten changed into my pyjamas which took a lot out of me. Sighing heavily, I lied back down on my bed.

Then I heard a knock.

"Who is it?"

Then silence.

"Hello?"

No answer.

With a huff, I got up and opened my door. There was nobody there. Then I looked down, noticing a small note. Reaching down, I grabbed it and read it.

Meet me in the Lieutenant's suite. The code is 8055.

Definitely Ghost. I had to think on it for a second. Whether I should go or not. But then I decided, yes I will go, it's better to deliver him a piece of my mind then be angry at him in my head for the rest of the night.

Making my way over was easy, I'm assuming Ghost had notified the soldiers standing guard to let me through. I entered the code and the door opened with a click.

"Lieutenant?" I called out, closing the door behind me.

"Don't call me that." He grumbled, walking out of his room to greet me.

The higher the rank. The better the room. Well, in this case, his room was a whole ass apartment. It was shocking to know we lived at the same base.

"You asked for me?" I spoke, looking up at him with a glare.

He was also in his comfortable clothing which constituted a simple back tee and grey sweatpants.

"I asked for you, not your attitude." He retorted, turning back, expecting me to follow him.

"I ought to punch you in the face." I grumbled.

"Do it. You'd be getting even."

I rolled my eyes at his comment and followed him into his bedroom.

Everything about his apartment was standard. He didn't decorate in any way shape or form. It was just a bland   as his office.

"Still mad at me?" He questioned, closing the door behind me.

"Mad at you? I'm furious!" I shouted involuntarily. "You have no right to deny my advancement. You of all people should understand that I want out of here!"

"Here, sit. I'm hearing everything you're saying." He reassured, moving forward so I had to step back until I hit the foot of his bed. Gently, his placed his hand on the shoulder that wasn't hurt and pushed me down. I complied.

"Why do you want to go?" He asked, looking sincerely into my eyes.

"This is important to me, Ghost. I need to know what's happening and with who. I need to keep working, I can't stay doing nothing for much longer." I frowned.

"Okay."

"Okay? What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned.

"Okay. I'll talk to Price in the morning, I'll give my permission." He clarified.

"Really? That's all? Why are you agreeing all of a sudden?" I asked suspiciously, being taken aback by his sudden change of heart.

"Because I want to support you, and if this is what you truly want- I'll support you." He answered, crouching down so he was at face level to me. "But don't get it twisted. Your mission will be on my terms." He smirked, leaning closer to my lips.