Chapter 1

Mahi's POV

Looking at my reflection in the mirror for one more time, I went out of my room, satisfied with my look. I was wearing a mauve-coloured lehenga with very elegant and intricate silver work and I knew that it suited me well. I teamed it up with an amethyst pearl and diamond pendant.

I wanted to look good since it's my brother's engagement, though he was not aware of it till now.

All the men were waiting for us in the living room,  I entered and my dad gave me a broad smile. He rushed to hug me.

" My little princess, my doll... When did you grow up?? Please don't grow up so soon, I don't want anyone to come and claim your hand in marriage so soon. I swear, I will send him back with a blue-black eye and broken jaw." Dad said looking at me getting emotional.

" Dad!! Please cut the drama. As it is, I am not going anywhere, leaving you.  These two are older than me, it's their time to get married first. Remember the clauses in the will?? "  I said.

"  Hey, no way! We will get you married before we get married so that we can live happily ever after. " Mihir. Bhai said.

" I will never let you enjoy your life if you get me married first. I want to enjoy myself with my sisters-in-law. " I said.

Just then Mom walked in, looking as beautiful and elegant as ever. Dad could not even blink, though she didn't even look at him and came to me.

" Awe, you are looking very pretty, sweetheart. " She hugged me and caressed my face. 

" She looks exactly as you used to look when we got married. " Dad said, Mom nodded with a smile.

" Everyone, ready? Where is Roshni? " Mom asked.

" She is coming, mom. " I replied, she smiled.

" Megha, I have started having some pain i... " Dad said.

Oh, God!! Not again, Dad.

We all rolled our eyes and shook our heads at Dad's antics.

" You have already used all your excuses till now. I know you must not be feeling well. C'mon Mehul, grow up. It has been about 27 years and you are still the same. No more excuses. I am going. If you don't want to go, then stay here. " Mom said. He rubbed the back of his head like Mihir bhai does sometimes.

" Dad, don't forget Gautam uncle would be there too. Please don't expect us to take care of Mom, I have to take care of Mahi and Roshni both. " Mihir said winking at bhai.

" As it is, he can't afford to annoy Gautam uncle. " Manik Bhai said.

" Yes, and I hope you remember what happened 27 years ago... But still, if you don't want to come... " Mom smirked. 

" Of course, I am going with you," Dad said. We all laughed.

Roshni, Manik bhai's ward also got ready, she was looking very pretty. We all were ready. Mom looked at all of us with a proud smile on her face.

My mom and dad were over excited as they planned the surprise engagement ceremony with Sahni's, though Mihir bhai and I were happy for him as he was getting married to his girlfriend. Still, we were not in favor of the surprise engagement party.  

Manik Bhai was going to get engaged and he thought that he was going to some inauguration of a new wing of Khanna's hotel.

Mom made him wear a brooch giving him an excuse that he was the heir of the Shah family.

We all reached there and were welcomed by Khannas' as they owned the hotel and belonged to Myra's family.

Everyone in our circle was there, and Manik Bhai was getting somewhat awkward because of some misunderstanding between him and his friends.