Chapter 113

Megha's POV

" They didn't get married? " Mehul asked.

" No! They are just engaged. Which happened in front of you. " I said. He closed his eyes a tear rolled out of his eyes.

" Frankly I was so angry that we wanted them to get married immediately but my son is not less than you or Mahi in stubbornness. He was adamant that he would not get married without your consent. I forced him to get married as I wanted to teach a lesson to you but he even convinced Mahi that they can't get married without you. He said they would never be happy if you were upset. I don't care, what you think of Ron, but I am proud of my son. " Rahul said and I nodded.

" I know, I was harsh on him in the beginning as I had become jealous and insecure because he had become the ultimate superhero for my daughter since he saved her life. But I also know that no one loves her like he does. I was so rude to him but he has always been very polite. " Mehul said.

" If you realized all this, then why were you coming between them?? What is wrong with him, let me tell you, Mehul, he is as responsible as Raj or Manik... " Rahul asked bluntly.

" ...And he is much more sensitive than Raj. He cares for people and their feelings just like Priya. " Rahul said.

" But when did I come between them? I know he is the most eligible bachelor for my daughter. He is smart, intelligent, sensitive, sensible, polite and courteous. I like him that's why I was going to announce his name as my future Son-in-law. "

" What rubbish? You wanted her to get engaged to Aarav for years. And probably that's why you called him now. "  I said.

" Aarav?? No!! Mudit Bhai had suggested his name but I refused it immediately almost years as I knew that Mahi had feelings for Ron. So I discussed it with Bhai, and he was okay with my decision. Aarav's dad suggested it again because Aarav likes her but I refused again you can ask Bhai. I had selected Ron for Mahi. He loves her a lot, I can see it in his eyes. "

" You are making all this now because we want to go against your decision and get them married. " Rahul said.

" No!! "

" By the way, you threatened him to break all the relationships me if he... Fine! The friendship between us is over now. "

" Rahul!! Please don't say all that, you know, I love you, how can you even think that I would have done that?? " Mehul said.

" Mehul, I am really hurt by your behavior. "

" I am sorry, but can we please get them married now? Because I want only Ron for my daughter. He has been in love with Mahi for years and you allowed him to get married to her and still, he refused just because he thought that my consent was very important and that they would never be able to have a happy life if I was not happy... I must say, he won my heart, and I am proud of Mahi for choosing him to fall for. " Mehul said.

"  I am still offended by how you treated Ron. I am not convinced that you were going to announce his name, or that you would have talked to me at least once. "

" I knew you have always loved Mahi as your daughter and you would have agreed instantly if I had asked. That's why I even got the engagement Rings ready, oh, yes!! I asked the designers to write their names on the inner side of the band. See those rings there check the inner side of their bands. "  Mehul said.

I went to that table where the rings were lying, picked one of them, and saw the band. He was right, Ranveer's name was written on Mahi's ring and her name was on his ring.

" Did you see their names? Are you convinced now?? " Mehul asked.

" Say whatever you want, but we are not friends anymore," Rahul said making a face.