Chapter 98

Megha's POV

The engagement ceremony proceeded smoothly, and I also announced Mahi's wedding with Ron. Once the party was over,  the guests left along with the Jindal Family and finally, the Kapoor family also departed, taking our only daughter with them, I stood amidst the aftermath of the engagement ceremony.

I witnessed the profound shock and hurt in Mehul's eyes. Mehul, deeply attached to Mahi, stood still, gazing at the retreating car of the Kapoors.

A few minutes passed but Mehul stood by, stunned and in pain, watching the Kapoors' car vanish through the gates of our mansion. I silently moved inside, feeling the weight of the moment, without a word to Mehul, seeking solace in Mahi's room, where tears streamed down my face.

My heart ached for Mehul, who harbored the strongest affection for Mahi among the three children in our family. The unexpected news of Mahi's sudden marriage left him reeling.

I empathized with Mehul's pain, knowing that the day's events deeply affected him. Nevertheless, it was a lesson he needed to learn.

Two days earlier...

Mahi had left for work at the Kapoor Mansion, and I was preparing to head to my office in the mall when Aarav unexpectedly arrived at our doorstep. The sudden arrival of Aarav at our doorstep caught me off guard.

I was taken aback as I knew Mudit Bhai had proposed Aarav as a potential match for Mahi. What was he doing here?

Mehul was overjoyed to see him and urged Mahi to return home, insisting there was a significant surprise waiting. Initially reluctant, she eventually arrived back with Ron, and Ron's presence seemed to surprise Mehul.

Ron, noticing Mahi's burgeoning happiness with Aarav, couldn't contain his jealousy. Out of possessiveness, he insisted she return to work at his home, but Mahi, having met Aarav after a long time, expressed her desire to spend time with him, stating her team could manage the work based on the designs she'd provided.

Ron, witnessing Mahi's excitement with Aarav, couldn't contain his jealousy, leading to an unintentional mishap where a glass shattered, cutting his hand.

Although I rushed to attend to his wound, he declined, his voice betraying more hurt and jealousy than the pain in his hand.

Mehul intervened, directing me to arrange a royal reception for Aarav while he attended to Ron.

I rushed to the kitchen to get him a glass of hot turmeric milk and got some painkillers for him. I was going to the study when Mahi came back looking for Ron.

" Mom, where is Ron?? "

" He is in study with your dad. " I replied. "

" With dad? Why? "  she looked a bit tensed.

" Ron's hand was bleeding so your dad took him to study as he keeps a first aid box there as well. "  I told her and she got very concerned all of a sudden.

" His hand was bleeding? How did his hand get injured? "

" Somehow he broke the glass he was holding and the glass pieces pierced his palm. "  I told her and she closed her eyes for a few seconds and shook her head.

" Why? " she asked herself as if she was thinking aloud.

"  Don't you know, why that had happened?? He is in love with you and obviously very possessive about you. " I replied and she was looking at me as if I had two heads.

" What?? Do you think, I had not noticed how he has been behaving around you or how much chemistry is there between both of you? One can literally see sparks coming out of both of you. Or do you think I don't know, who was sending those gifts, flowers or cards to you?? I am your Mom, honey. I know how much you have loved him and how crazy he is for you." I said and she blushed a bit.

" Are you making a blind guess or you are sure about it?"

" I know, what I am saying is absolutely right. "

" How did you come to know? "

" I have noticed how he has been looking at you ever since you came back from the USA. I sent a girl to his showroom when you were working there with him. She flirted with him and I saw you getting jealous and then he accepted his feelings in front of her and said that you are his would-be wife and she needed your permission to flirt with him. "  she said and I smiled. My mom was really smart.

I was shocked to hear that she had sent that irritating girl who flirted with him in front of me.

" I swear, he is so cute. I really love him." Mom said with a broad smile.

" Mom, Dad will have a heart attack if he hears you saying that. " I said teasing her.

" Your Ron is not less possessive than your dad, you should also think before doing anything that can hurt him," she said and I nodded.

" I realized that that's why I came to find him. Let's go, I want to see his hand. "  I said.

" Give this milk to him. " I said and she nodded.

Desperate to find Ron and attend to his injury, we overheard a serious conversation between Ron and Mehul, disclosing Ron's long-standing affection for Mahi, a revelation that astounded both of us.

Ron bravely confessed his feelings for Mahi despite Mehul's opposition. The conversation grew tense as Ron compared himself to other boys like Manik and Raj, and revelations emerged about Mehul's pressure on Ron to stay away from Mahi, even threatening to sever all ties with his family. Ron, in a heartfelt admission, disclosed how he feigned a playboy persona to suppress Mahi's feelings for him, sacrificing his image so she would concentrate on her studies.

This revelation left Mahi in tears, and I felt a surge of compassion for both the children, witnessing the depth of their emotions and the complexities of the situation.

Mahi's POV
Two days before engagement...

I was shocked to hear the conversation between them. I was so touched by what Ron said. He was so sweet. I used to cry that he was not paying attention to me, but today I came to know how much he paid attention only to me and how he destroyed his image for me.

He never cared for anyone but me... I was so happy to hear it that I didn't even realize that I was crying. He even challenged my dad to find one single girl who could prove, that he had any relationship with any girl. He said that the only girl, he was and he is committed to is me. 

But my happiness was short-lived as both Mom and I were shocked to hear his next words.

My dad had threatened him to break my heart brutally so that I start hating him or he would send me to the USA and get me married to Aarav as Mudit uncle had suggested. He broke my heart as he could not bear to stay away from me. He had come to tell me about his feelings but had to break my heart instead.

" You told her everything?? "  Dad asked him with a raised eyebrow.

I have asked him so many times but he has refused to answer me about it. Why was he hiding everything when it was not even his fault?

He was saying, " I could not break her heart by telling her that I did it because you forced me to do it.  I know that you are her hero, a child's first hero is his/her father and I didn't want to tarnish that image for her. I know she is your little princess and you want to give the whole world to her, but trust me, I am an important part of her world. So, sir, I am sorry, if I said more than the limit, please excuse me, but I had to get it out of my chest."

He asked Dad to give him 6 months to prove his vision and dedication to his work so that he could prove his worth as a successful businessman.

Oh, my God!! I fell for him first but he definitely fell harder. I was pleasantly surprised to know that he cared so much. My love for him increased many times.

😳😳🥺🥺🥺🥺😳😳😳🥺🥺🥺💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a great day.

Thanks
Chhavi 💕💕💕