Chapter 7

Mahi's POV

I was very annoyed with Ron for coming here, he said that he wanted to ask Roshni about trends in gujrati clothes, handicrafts, etc.

Like seriously??

He wanted to ask her as she was Gujarati?? Didn't he know that I was also a Gujarati when he has known us for all his life?

He has had gujrati food and participated in the Garba dance during the Navratri festival at our place.

Well, how does it matter to me? Let him ask anyone, as it is I didn't want to talk to him.

Just then I saw bhai coming raging like a bull. He looked around as if looking for something. I was standing in front of him.

" Bhai?? What are you doing here? Why didn't you come with us if you wanted to? " I asked him sarcastically.

" Where is Roshni?? " He asked and I got a bit uncomfortable.

It was too much, he was not even bothered about me these days.

Why everyone was getting so obsessed with Roshni all of a sudden?

I could still think of bhai doing it as she was his ward, but Ron...

Who was she to him?

" Oh, she will be back soon. " I said.

" She will be back soon?? But where has she gone?? " He was shocked by my answer.

" She is with Ranveer. " I replied.

He looked shocked.

" Ron?? Why? Did he come with all of you? " He asked.

" No, he came just about ten minutes back. " I said.

" Why did he come?? " He asked.

To meet her. Why else?

" He said he needed to ask something from her. "

" Her?? What does he want to ask her? Why her?? " He was so annoyed that he was muttering. I told him the lame excuse Ron had given earlier.

" What the hell? Where are they?? " Bhai asked.

" Somewhere, in that area. "I said.

" Come with me. " We both went to them. They were engrossed in some serious discussion.

" Ron?? Roshni? " Bhai called their names and they turned to us.

They both were surprised to see him there.

" What is going on here??" Bhai asked.

" Hey, Manik!! How are you? " Ron asked.

" What are you doing here? " Bhai asked again.

" Why does anyone come to a place like this? I came to this place as this is a beautiful and calm place. " He said.

" Then what are two of you doing here, alone like this? Why are you not with others? " Bhai asked them. I could see how angry bhai was.

" C'mon Manik, it's not the way it looks. I needed to ask something from her, regarding Gujarati... " he was saying but bhai stopped him.

" You know me for the last 26 years. And your parents and my parents are best friends, still, you didn't remember, that we all are gujrati too?? If you wanted to talk about gujrati handicrafts or fashion in clothes, you could have asked Mahi as she knows about both. " Bhai said in a fit of anger.

He would allow Ron to talk to me but not Roshni? Has he adopted Roshni?

I was confused while Ron looked surprised and then smiled.