Chapter 19

Ron's POV

I went to my room as I was very tired by now, it was a very long and tiring day. I had not expected this out of the day.

Of course, whatever happened,  happened for good but I wish we had more time to plan. Everyone has some kind of plan for their special days and here neither, Manik nor Raj could enjoy his wedding. The only satisfaction was that they got married to the right person, whom they loved.

If things had not taken such drastic turns, everyone could have enjoyed it. Mahi was looking so pretty on Manik's engagement and mehendi. I wish I could see her at the wedding but the proper wedding ceremony didn't happen.

And since everything happened so fast, we could not enjoy Raj's wedding. Dad invited the Shah family but they could not attend because of obvious reasons. There was an awkwardness between them and Myra's family.

I wish things had been different then Mahi could have attended Raj's wedding too. I missed her and our heated banters. I would have enjoyed both weddings if things were alright. Since I am Roshni's brother, I would have helped in joota churai ceremony and would have had more heated arguments at Manik's wedding and here she would have joined us in barat. I could have flirted with her.

Shit!!!  Lost the golden chance.

Anyways, I am going to work very hard and be successful in my new project and then our business will grow manifolds. I have to show her that I am something even without my parents' name and money. I want to show the world that I can also be good at my work and be successful.

*********
As Raj and Myra were feeling quite awkward with each other, e veryone kept teasing them to make them realize that they were not two separate people but were one as a couple. Though they both were getting uncomfortable at the teasing comments though we all knew that there was nothing romantic going on between them.  But my family wanted them to feel that awkwardness that sometimes adds spice or a spark to a relationship.

And I was hell-bent to bring them together. I wanted my happy and cool twin back. So I tried everything to push him toward his wife by making him a bit insecure.

We all decided to go for dinner and we all got ready, but Myra was yet to join us. And just then I saw her coming downstairs looking very gorgeous as ever and I turned to look at my brother's reaction.

He has been talking to Dad when he saw her and got lost somewhere while Dad was still talking to him.

He was absolutely bewitched by her beauty. Wasn't he saying that she is just okay, not even pretty?? Idiot!!

" Raj, you are going to the office for this order and once it is shipped, you are going to take a full break and going on honey... A vacation with your bride. Is that ok? Raj? Raj??" Dad was saying to Raj and chachu was smiling like anything.

" Ji? What?? "  Raj was startled and got a bit embarrassed for being caught, ogling at her.

I blew a low whistle and he looked at me, I signaled him to go and receive her.

But he was already embarrassed with Dad and chachu teasing him. He was looking at his wife, what was wrong with that? Idiot!

The tragedy of the so-called decent man... Gets embarrassed very easily. 

Well, it was time for me to tease him more, so I went to her.

I extended my hand in front of her and she looked surprised.

" Ron? "  She asked.

" What Ron?? I am Raj! Don't you even recognize your husband? "  I said with a frown that was a permanent feature of him these days.