Chapter 33

Ron's POV
After an hour...

" We have to start this project, Mom. The demand for different dress materials and decor materials is increasing, worldwide, we should use the talents of the weavers from all states, why should we leave even some states? I think we should start finding the best weavers and export the home decor materials as well. "

" What is the need, Ron? Our business is doing so well and most of our material is used by our garments business, the rest is being sold at very profitable prices. Why should we crave more? "

" Mom, see Dad and Chachu have increased our business empire almost five times since they took over the business. Why not us? "

" Beta, Rahul, Rohit, and Sia have been working for years on that and not Raj has also joined. They are four people... I had to leave the family business as I needed to take over my dad's business because he was getting older. I managed to double the net worth of the business but I can't work more than that."

" Mom, so what, I am with you. That's why when Raj opted to choose Dad's business, I chose yours. I will work now, you just guide me and relax. I want to grow our business as well and make our family proud of me as much as they are proud of Raj or as our grandparents were proud of Dad, chachu, Chachi, you, and Raj. Or do you think that I am not capable of working sincerely? That I am a carefree, spoilt brat who is good for nothing?  "  I asked.

I don't know why I said all that, I knew my mom didn't think that way. But somehow I was hurt and wanted to prove myself to my family, friends, my parent's friends, and... Her.

" What are you saying, Ron? How could you even think like that? You are my son, I know you more than anyone, Raj is very decent and responsible, but you are very caring, loving, and very sensitive towards everyone. Just the way I was. You understand everyone very well and care for family and loved ones. I know, you have been fooling around with girls, but that will change when you will find your special girl, with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. Please don't ever think that Rahul, Rohit, Sia, or I love you less or think you are less competent than Raj. Far from it,  actually... You are street smart, which is very important. I am thankful to god that he blessed us with two very good sons. I love both of you."

" I know, Mom, sorry, I was getting a bit emotional. But I still want to go ahead and start a few more things and add to our products. Please give me a  chance. I want to expand our business. I swear, I will work seriously, you just have to guide me. "

" There is no problem if you want to start anything new. It is as much your business as it is mine. It is just that I want to retire soon. "

" What? Why? When? "

" As soon as you kids settle down and start having kids, for us to play and pamper them, I want to retire and enjoy with kids and your dad. I want to spend more quality time with him and our lovely family, my best friends Sia and Megha.  "  Mom said.

" Mom, you are too young to get retired. "

" But if our sons take the responsibility of the business and I am satisfied with it, I would like to take a back seat and enjoy watching our children, grandchildren, and business growing. The young generation can take over and four older Kapoors can go for world tours and Bharat bhraman ( Taking a trip around the whole of India). You can earn and we spend it. " Mom said.

" Cool!! So let me be responsible enough so that all of you and my future kids, nieces, and nephews can be proud of me. "  I said and she laughed shaking her head.

" Ok! Make a detailed report on exactly what you want to do, the approximate cost, requirements, planning, target market, the sale price of the product,  expected sales, tentative turnover, and everything related to it. If I like it, you will have what you want. "  Mom said and I hugged her. She smiled and patted me on the back.

" I love you, Mom. You are the best. "  I said.

" I love you too, son, you are the best too. "  She beamed and said.

" I still need to prove it. "  I said.

" Not to me, son. Not to me. " She shook her head.

" Then others perhaps. "  I said thinking of Mahi.

" Tell me, are you doing all of it because of some girl? You found someone, your special one? "  Mom asked and I was shocked that she guessed it.

" I don't know... I like someone.  but she thinks I am good for nothing. Just A spoilt brat. She is right in a way, so I need to prove myself to her, I want her to think good about me. I want her... "  I was saying and she was smiling.

" Wow!! My son is falling in love... I am so happy for you.  Mind telling me her name? "

" No, mom... It's not that!! Let me prove myself and then I will tell you. Please don't ask me till then. " I requested.

" Do I know her, I mean at least met him once?? "

" Mom!! Please don't  ask questions."

" Tell me, if you want me to permit you to expand our business! "

" This is cheating... "

" Tell me! "

" You know her. But enough! I will not answer another question and you will not tell Dad or anyone at home. "

" But if we know her, your dad and I can directly talk to her parents. "

" No, Mom!! I have to prove myself first. "  I said firmly.

" Ok!! All the best. Prove it to her and then I will welcome her in our family as my second daughter. I got one in Myra. " She hugged me again and kissed my forehead.

I came back to my cabin and saw the rest of the cake and recalled what Mahi had said yesterday in the study and my cabin today.

What was she saying? When did I hurt her so much that she has been suffering for years?  For years?

I don't think, I hurt her so much.

Yes, I agree that I made a mistake, but I was drunk that night. But that incident could not have hurt her for years. 

She said that she was so hurt that she had even thought of ending her life?

What?? Why? It was not such a very big deal...

There is something wrong somewhere... I don't know when did she start hating me so much. I still remember when she used to follow me everywhere because she developed a crush on me, but then how and when did she start hating me??

What have I done to that sweet girl?  How could I accept her feelings and reciprocate at that age?

I needed to know what happened, as I could not bear to see hatred in her beautiful eyes. 

Her words pierced my heart and I thought of mentally going through everything to find out what might have happened ever since all that started in that vacation almost ten tears ago.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Good morning friends 🌄

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know. .

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a great day ahead.

Thanks
Chhavi.