Chapter 21

Mahi's POV

The atmosphere of our home was very tense. Our home which was bursting with excitement just last week, was absolutely silent as if it was deserted. Manik bhai was so upset that he was not talking to anyone. Not even to Mihir and me.

He looked sad because of the decision his dad had taken. Tauji and Taiji (paternal uncle who is elder than her father) went back to the USA taking Roshni with them.

Even Mihir and I were not talking to our elders as their decision was not fair.

But then Dad explained that they had a reason to do that. Anyway, we could not stay angry with them forever, especially me, who was very attached to my parents. I was their princess.

All 5 of us were having breakfast and still, there was absolute silence.

" Manik, beta please don't be so sad, two years will pass away very easily. " Dad said but bhai didn't say anything.

" We are sorry, but it was the only way out.  See on the positive side that at least you are married to Roshni, not Myra. " Dad tried again but he still didn't say anything and kept eating mechanically.

" Manik, say something. You will fall ill like that. Please don't keep yourself shut like this. I can't see you like this. " Mom said with tears in her eyes.

" I am fine and going back to Surat, the day after tomorrow. So you don't have to see me like that for just a few days. "  He said.

" Manik, beta... There was no way out... If only there was any other way, Mudit Bhai had not taken that step. Please try and understand, you are his only son, and he would never want to hurt you. Please don't misunderstand him. " Mom tried to make him understand something which none of us understood.

" I have to go to the office as I have a meeting. "  He drank water, left food on his plate, wiped his hands on the napkin, and said.

" There is no meeting today. " Dad said but he still got up.

" Manik finish your breakfast first. " Mom said.

" I have had enough, chachi, and I am fine. "

" We are going to Kapoors, would you like to come, can spend some time with Raj and Ron? " Mom asked but he shook his head and went out.

Mom took a deep breath and asked us to get ready as we were to go to their place after lunch.

" Mom, I don't want to go... "  I said.

" But we have to go, we didn't even go to the wedding ceremony as Myra's family might have felt bad as they were very upset with us. But Rahul is my best friend and Priya and your mom have been best friends since we got married so we need to go and wish them. Mahi, please go and get ready, princess. Mihir, get ready, we are going. " Dad said firmly and we went to get ready.

" But Dad, why do I need to go? You know, I don't like that Ron, and we usually fight." Mihir said.

" You are going bas Mahi is going there, be with her. " Dad looked into Mihir's eyes and he nodded.

What was going on between them? 

We reached there and everyone in their family looked surprised and yet very happy. I could see a pair of eyes on me.

*********

Ron's POV

We all were sitting enjoying as the ceremony was over and I don't know what happened but Myra was very emotional after the ceremony. Just then the doorbell chimed and after a few seconds, Shahs walked in with lots of gifts.