Chapter 112

Megha's POV

I was sitting beside Mehul holding his hand in mine. Manik got a glass of water for me but I shook my head.

I am sorry, Mehul. Please forgive me. Tears were flowing from my eyes and I was praying for his safety continuously.

" Chachi please don't cry, Mihir has called Vikram uncle and Gautam uncle, they will be here anytime, don't worry, Chachu would be absolutely fine. " Manik said.

Just then I heard a car coming to a halt on the porch. I heard some footsteps rushing towards us, I turned to see who it was and saw Mahi coming in and Ron, Rahul, and Priya were following her. They all were very tense. Mahi was crying bitterly. And even Rahul and Priya had tears in their eyes.

" Dad!!! Dad, please wake up!! See I am here, I have come back. I am sorry. Please wake up Dad. " She shook Mehul's hand and burst into tears again. Manik held her in his arms and told her not to cry assuring her that he would be fine soon. She came to me and hugged me.

" Mom, what happened to him? " She said and started crying again. I patted her back.

" Mehul, you idiot get up!! Enough of your attitude, I am angry with you, get up and give explanations for what you did to these kids. I will beat you if you don't get up right away. I swear, I will not let you meet my second daughter-in-law... Get up. Don't try my patience!! " Rahul said, but he was looking so tensed.

Priya came to me and hugged me assuring me that nothing would happen to Mehul. I could not control my tears though I nodded.

Just then Vikram rushed in and Vihan followed him. Vikram checked him and he took a deep breath. I was about to ask him about Mehul's condition, but just then Gautam also came running. He looked at all of us and then at Vikram, " Was it a cardiac arrest?? " Gautam asked. We all were looking at him, with held breaths, waiting for him to say something good about his condition.

" No! Thank God!! It seems that he drank too much and he fell on the floor and got unconscious, or at the most, it was a panic attack. I can only be sure after the tests, but he is not in any danger. " Vikram said. I closed my eyes out of relief.

" What happened to him, Megha? What made him drink so much? Or if it is a panic attack, why was he so tense? " Gautam asked.

" I will tell you later, let him relax here. Come outside I will explain everything to you. " Rahul said and they all went out, leaving only Mahi, Priya, and me.

Mahi went to Mehul and caught his hand in hers. We were not so tense now.

Just then I saw two small ring boxes on the side table. What was that??

I went there and opened one of them. It had one of the most beautiful rings I had ever seen I opened the second box and saw a matching gents'  ring in it. They were engagement rings??

Why were these rings lying here?

I called Mehul's PA, " Hello?? Mr. Kothari, I wanted to ask something, I just saw two engagement rings in our room, can you tell me about them? " I asked him about the rings as he was always with Mehul and must have known why those rings were there.

" Oh, Mr. Shah got them made for Mahi and her would-be fiance, he wanted to announce their engagement as well. "

" Her engagement to whom? Aarav? "

" I have no idea, ma'am. But I heard him telling our top designer to make a very unique design within a day and he asked him to write the names of the couple on the bands of the rings," he replied.

" Dad!! Dad! Mom, Dad!! "  Mahi was saying and I turned to look at him, he had opened his eyes and I rushed to him as well and Priya rushed out to inform everyone.

" How are you feeling now?? " I asked Mehul but he kept looking at Mahi.

" Dad, please say something. "

" What do I say?? How does it matter now? "  He said in low volume.

Just then everyone rushed in. Vikram told us to go out for some time. We all went out except for the doctors.

In about 10 minutes, Vikram, Vihan, Mihir, and Gautam came out.

" He is absolutely fine now, it was an anxiety attack, and on top of that, he was drunk.  So there is nothing to worry about, but I suggest that you tell him the reality, he should not take too much stress. I will tell Sandhya or Maurvi to give you a detailed diet chart for him, please, follow the diet strictly. And Mihir, I want you to bring him to me for a regular and detailed heart check-up. Megha, please don't allow him to work for some time. Manik, keep any stress at work away from him. " Vikram said. Manik, Mihir, And I nodded.

" I know what he did was wrong but, try to understand he is just an over-possessive and protective father. I can relate to him, as I would go to any length to protect my daughters. I know he should have talked to you or Rahul but he did what he thought was right, though it must have been a very impulsive act. " Gautam said. Rahul and I nodded.

" It's ok!! We did it just to teach him a lesson. We didn't know he would take it to his heart. We were going to tell him very soon, I will talk to him. Don't worry!! " Rahul said. Vikram smiled and patted Rahul's shoulder.

" Mihir, if you need any help, just let me know, don't worry about anything. I will inform Maurvi about this, I didn't inform her or Gauravi. " Gautam said and went away along with Vikram and Vihan.

Rahul, Priya, and I went in while the kids stayed outside.

We saw him looking away from all of us.

" So, what happened last night? "

" Nothing!! I am fine! Vikram must have told you, don't worry about me. You go and enjoy, your son got married yesterday. You have a new member in your family now. "

" Hmm... Yes, I got another daughter yesterday. Though I have always thought of them as my daughter, I am happy, she is going to be legally my daughter now and will stay with us. But why are you so gloomy? Won't you be happy for your best friend?? " Rahul said to him.

" My best friend didn't even bother to invite me to his son's wedding. What did I say to him when my wife and children did not even inform me about the ceremony? They didn't want me to attend it, so why do you expect me to be happy about it?? " Mehul replied.

"  Don't blame us, you are the one who started hiding things from your best friend and wife. You knew about Ron and Mahi for almost 10 years and you never thought of sharing it once with me or Megha?? If you could hide things from us why are you so upset if we hid a few things for just a day?? "

" I just hid that they had feelings for each other, they were known fs at that time. I didn't want our relationship to suffer. "

" So you thought of threatening that child that you will cut all ties with me and my family?? How could you do that?? You should have talked to me, we could have talked to them together. "

" I know, it was a mistake but Mahi is as stubborn as me, she would have never listened to anyone. She was crazy about him and would have been in check only if he hadn't reciprocated her feelings so I talked to him. Anyway, I just hid that, but you got them married and didn't even bother to invite me to give my daughter's hand in Kanyadan. "

" You idiot, we didn't invite you to their wedding as there was no wedding ceremony to invite you to... " Rahul said.

" What?? "

" Yes, you idiot!! They didn't get married." Rahul said and the expressions on Mehul's face changed.

" They didn't get married? "

" No! They are just engaged. Which happened in front of you. " I said. He closed his eyes a tear rolled out of his eyes.

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote comment share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a great day ahead.

Thanks
Chhavi.